I wanna create a RTS game

How and what should I use to makey own game I can own. Thanks

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Zae

Post by Zae »

:)

Zae

Re: I wanna create a RTS game

Post by Zae »

How and what should I use to makey own game I can own. Thanks
Sorry for double post.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Hey, that's pretty ambitious!

It you really want to start a fresh game, you'd need to learn how to code / program; for example in C#, java or python. That's for all the rules going on and displaying the graphics. That's the most important thing. Learn that on YouTube.

And then you also need to make the graphics and units, which can be quite fun. That can be done with blender, a free tool for making 2D/3D graphics. Learn it on YouTube ;)

And at last you need a good concept for your game. What you want to do and what you don't want to do. Remember, almost everyone has ideas, but few make them happen.

Best of luck!

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Like anything, you need time, patience and determination. Plus everything Sircake said.

Zae

Post by Zae »

Yea it will take time. An I love to learn. I have a idea for a korean based game, swords users,bow users,horses and game bosses would be monsters for tanks. I would make everything 2d Snes kinda style. I have seen games simular that I have played. Will copy what you said and start there.

Thanks again
Zae

AlienC

Post by AlienC »

I also want to make my own RTS game either in the style of old school red alert or something like a medieval fantasy majesty style game.