White Screen on starting

Problems with OpenRA over Windows 10 and Documents folder sync with OneDrive

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
colormax

White Screen on starting

Post by colormax »

Hi!

I downloaded three versions of OpenRA this night. I hope that somebody can help me. Thanks,

I explain you what I have done:

1. I downloaded OpenRA for Windows 10. I installed it without problems but... When I wanted to start it, crash! White screen.
2. I looked for info about this problem in this forum and in OpenRA FAQ
3. I tried to disconnect AV protection and NOT working
4. I downloaded OpenRA for Mac. I installed it without problems. Later I had to download another soft called "mono". I tried to start it and OpenRA worked without problems.
5. I return to Windows 10 other time and I looked for settings.yaml on Users/myusername/Documents/OpenRA and I think that I don't have this folder in this path due to I have synced my docs with OneDrive.
6. I my docs folder have a OpenRa folder, but only have 2 subfolders, "Logs" and "Modmetadata" and settigns.yaml not exist.
7. I downloaded OpenRA sourcecode hoping look for settings.yaml but I didn't find it.
8. I compile sourecode for test if OpenRA sourcecode was avaible for running and NOT work, white screen another time.

I 'm pretty sure that my problem is due OpenRA folder not is the correct path but I don't be sure that I have all content of /Users/.../OpenRA folder.

Can somebody of you send me a compressed folder with all content of /Users/.../OpenRA?

Thanks!

PD: If you think that I forget something, I'm open to your suggestions

Graion Dilach

Re: White Screen on starting

Post by Graion Dilach »

Wait what. What hardware this Win10 is on? White screen on start ain't an issue, if you get the loadscreen thenafter - Windows starts empty windows as white.

colormax

Post by colormax »

My hardware is a HP Omen 15" 1st generation with Intel i7 6700U, 16gb ram, gtx960m, m.2 480gb and 1tb hhd.

Later I'm going to do another test waiting some minutes after launch and post the results.

Thanks for your reply.

colormax

Post by colormax »

I tried it but only apper the whitescreen. The game don't start.

colormax

Post by colormax »

Nobody has any idea?

Deathpoint

Post by Deathpoint »

to be honest... never occured....

Maybe some kind of remote help?

You could try to create a "Support" folder within your openRA installation. This would lead maybe into a new config which is created as "blank".

Or just try to deinstall and reinstall the latest version...

becomeabettergeek

Post by becomeabettergeek »

I don;t know if this helps, but it might stear you in the right direction.
I have seen this before on the laptop of a friend of mine. It had to do with the graphical card of that laptop that was not supported. This was a Windows 7 issue. I solved this issue by installing Linux on an external hardrdive so she could play OpenRA.

Good luck finding the issue!

colormax

Post by colormax »

Ok. Thanks. I think about your solution. In this moment I can play it with my mac without problem. Probably your post give on the target.

Luftwaffe

Post by Luftwaffe »

There is a similar problem - the screen freezes - and several players on Win and Linux have experienced this issue. It may be related to NVidia graphic card/not sure what the solution is.

lawANDorder

Post by lawANDorder »

Luftwaffe wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:50 pm
There is a similar problem - the screen freezes - and several players on Win and Linux have experienced this issue. It may be related to NVidia graphic card/not sure what the solution is.
I haven't heard that anyone on Linux has such problems (can't play on windows since last release but switching to Linux fixed it).

colormax

Post by colormax »

I have a Nvidia Gtx960 on my laptop. I must think about this graphic card is not supported?