Experimental Balance Patch nnb1901

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
netnazgul

Experimental Balance Patch nnb1901

Post by netnazgul »

So, I got ahead and combined Orb's latest balance tweaks and some other ideas grown from the resent playtest session and here is the result:

v1901:
- MT: Cost 850->950, +Health
- LT: Cost 700->750, Vision 5c->6c
- Hind: Cost 1350->1500, Vision 10c->11c
- Arty: +Accuracy, -AOE, -Projectile Speed, -Damage vs Inf/Light
- Chronosphere: Shift Time -20%
- Medic: -Speed
- Mechanic: -Speed
- Camo Pillbox: Cost 700->750
- MAD Tank: HP 90K->100K, +EMP on Defenses/PP, +Range
- MGG: switchable shroud, deployed by default
- Engineer: Cost 500->400, 8sec capture (consumable)
- MIG: Ammo 8->6, Damage 7K->10.5K
- MRJ: Cost 1100->1000
- DOG: Vision 5c->5c512

Should be played on this build (or a public playtest that subplants it). Testing and feedback appreciated. Technically this may become a bundle considered for the release.
Attachments
nnb1901.zip
(115.08 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Last edited by netnazgul on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

eskimo

Re: Experimental Balance Patch nnb1901

Post by eskimo »

For thought:
GPS can shift queue artillery still(!?) and the reduction in splash and rng accuracy, i'm unsure if this encourages or discourages static play the longer a game goes on. Bit either way, the arty changes are a sidestep i believe.

Has the removal of global GPS timer and/or shorter timer ever been a consideration for anyone?

I think with gps map control allies could potentially be less encouraged to do safe base walks as they'd be able to counter and push earlier on in the game. Along with a better chrono, mgg, maybe phase transport being usable again, allies may have something that isn't arty abuse.

Also, we'd be less inclined to tip toe around the soviet buffs, which seemingly appear to keep happening. Then we could potentially look at keeping artilery as a support tool and not a master of all unit.

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

Yes, I think with GPS frozen actor disappears when building is destroyed; I think we need to draw glyphs over ALL buildings, both scouted and unscouted, so that for destroyed frozen actor just the glyph is removed, but the actor itself stays.

Artillery changes are introduced to make it more viable vs static defences and buildings in general, thus it is provisionally easier for Allies to bust bases, also given its range.

Recent playtest cycle fixed a lot of behaviour that is mostly beneficial to soviets (dogs, hijackers, flaks, tanks). So doesn't seem requiring any further soviet buffs :)

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

By tip toe i mean that it's a touchy subject because soviet are already strong, and we just made them stronger, plus no one really wants to draw attention to it. Given what you say the intention is about arties, this still means allies are going to be using their main tool the artillery to do everything as before, just with a buff to killing defences, and a nerf to killing blobs. So in theory, static games could potentially be over sooner rather than later. Which discourages T3 if you can still spam arties to win games. Also taking into account that artilleries are not as good as a tesla troop counter as they were before. But then if shift clicking isn't available at until GPS is up, games could still be the same length as they were before.
My point? I don't believe minor changes to the med tank, artillery and AA gun really achieve anything.

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

Map pack updated (second revision: MIG, E6, QTNK fixes)