AI questions

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Goztow

AI questions

Post by Goztow »

A friend and I like to comp stomp AI's. We're creating a map to be able to play against more AI's and make the challenge a bit bigger as well. Will be released later.

Some questions:
- AI never seem to used the chronosphere. Why's that? Can it be fixed?
- I saw some people on reedit configured different types of AI for the cnc mod. Did anyone go through the same "trouble" for RA-mod? AI.yaml has a shitload of options, what are the key configuration options that would impact the AI most?
- does AI see through the shroud? It seems to adapt to what you build, ignoring the shroud
- does AI "cheat" like the original RA-AI did? More money and being able to output units faster?
- how does the points system at the end of the game (statistics) work? What does it reward for?

Also a big thank you to the devs for fixing the performance issues in latest version, that were linked previously to the waypath finding for AI.

Thanks for the help ;).

Goz

MustaphaTR

Re: AI questions

Post by MustaphaTR »

- AI never seem to used the chronosphere. Why's that? Can it be fixed?
We don't have the logic to make so some of the AI stuff. This includes Engineer, Spy, Saboteur, Chronosphere, Iron Curtain, Transports (APC/Chinook/Transport Boat) etc.
- does AI see through the shroud? It seems to adapt to what you build, ignoring the shroud
Superweapon targeting recently changed to acount for the shroud, i'm not sure about anything else.
- I saw some people on reedit configured different types of AI for the cnc mod. Did anyone go through the same "trouble" for RA-mod? AI.yaml has a shitload of options, what are the key configuration options that would impact the AI most?
I don't think so.
- does AI "cheat" like the original RA-AI did? More money and being able to output units faster?
Not in main mods, tho SoScared has cheating (or slower for Easy AI) for RA Unplugged.
- how does the points system at the end of the game (statistics) work? What does it reward for?
Killing enemy units, capturing, repairing on repair pad, infiltrating with spy give points. I'm not sure if there is something else.

abcdefg30

Re: AI questions

Post by abcdefg30 »

Goztow wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:38 pm
Did anyone go through the same "trouble" for RA-mod?
Yes, quite some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=16936
Those AI yamls are probably not usable with the current version, but it should be possible to update them by comparing with the current AI yamls.