New/Existing Bug?

Unknown Error

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
camundahl

New/Existing Bug?

Post by camundahl »

Recently, and it appears to be happening most often on the new release, I will have a multiplayer game freeze with no error message, sometimes unable to do anything with the GUI and I have to "ctr+alt+del" out and "End Process", sometimes able to "Abort Mission".

Is there any log stored that could be more useful in discovering the cause? It happens quite frequently. Could be server issues too of course, rather than the game code.

Thanks, love the game regardless! :)

SirCake

Re: New/Existing Bug?

Post by SirCake »

debug.log in your Logs folder.
The logs folder is in the same place as your „maps“ and „replays“ folders.

It can be very long, so probably only the last 100 lines are interesting. you can also use pastebin. com to paste everything :)

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

debug.log is interesting because it constantly logs until you’ve crashed/frozen.

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

Thanks Cake! Hopefully it DOESN'T happen tonight if I get a chance to get on, but if it does I'll post it here.

lawANDorder

Post by lawANDorder »

I had a similar issue on Win10 when usign a Thinkpad 13 with IntelHD520 integrated graphics and the new release. Screen would suddenly turn black and start flickering unless i exit the app. Solved it by getting the app image for linux.

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

It's funny because I've played hours of OpenRA since then on the same computer and it hasn't happened once since this original thread post. I'm going to have to say it was a server issue.

OpenRA is so balanced now I'd have to say it'd be good to focus on connectivity/drop-out improvements, but I know it's free and I'm definitely NOT complaining about the development.