Send me your replays and I'll cast them!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
FiveAces

Re: Send me your replays and I'll cast them!

Post by FiveAces »

Smitty wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Yep, they're in the replay server.
Nice, added them to my list!

And with that out of the way, it's about time we got to the finals:

The newcomer versus the eternal vice champion! Who will take the crown?

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Really nice games. A tournament finals situation just produces the best games because both players are so invested. :)
As a viewer I'm also invested into these games. That said - a split finals doesn't make me a happy viewer…
You don't even profit finacially from this, so why ? It's a bad habit. Don't do it.
Imagine like the football world cup finals would stop in the break, and continue one week later. omg.

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

SirCake wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:48 am
Really nice games. A tournament finals situation just produces the best games because both players are so invested. :)
As a viewer I'm also invested into these games. That said - a split finals doesn't make me a happy viewer…
You don't even profit finacially from this, so why ? It's a bad habit. Don't do it.
Imagine like the football world cup finals would stop in the break, and continue one week later. omg.
It's not a bad habit, it's just that my real life situation currently doesn't allow me to dedicate large chunks of time to videogames.
My real job is very time-demanding (especially around the start of each semester), and the youtube channel is a hobby of mine that I maintain to entertain a handful of people,
so if push comes to shove - especially right now - I'm limited to ~30 minutes of recording at a time.

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

Who do I PM to help increase the prize pool for next RAGL? I'd imagine y'all use PayPal? A Standings update on the forum would be appreciated, or is it already here?

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

FiveAces wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:59 pm
SirCake wrote:
It's not a bad habit, it's just that my real life situation currently doesn't allow me to dedicate large chunks of time to videogames.
My real job is very time-demanding (especially around the start of each semester), and the youtube channel is a hobby of mine that I maintain to entertain a handful of people,
so if push comes to shove - especially right now - I'm limited to ~30 minutes of recording at a time.
lol that's the problem with doing nice things, for free, in your "spare time", do it regularly enough and people think they're entitled to it and perfectly fine to criticise your methods in an arrogant and condescending way.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

It’s not that I myself had not been criticised for doing nice an free things in my spare time before. And I wasn’t really harsh, was I?

I didn’t know 5A is this short on time, my apologies... I will work around that just fine ;)

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

SirCake wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:48 pm
It’s not that I myself had not been criticised for doing nice an free things in my spare time before. And I wasn’t really harsh, was I?

I didn’t know 5A is this short on time, my apologies... I will work around that just fine ;)
Perhaps intended context got lost in thought-to-text translation, but the following statement is hard to read with positive connotation.
SirCake wrote:
[...] That said - a split finals doesn't make me a happy viewer…

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

camundahl wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:47 am
Who do I PM to help increase the prize pool for next RAGL? I'd imagine y'all use PayPal? A Standings update on the forum would be appreciated, or is it already here?
Your best bet is contacting Blackened, Netnazgul or .1. They are all league officials and active on these forums as well as the OpenRA discord, should be easy to find them!
AMHOL wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:58 pm
(...)
SirCake wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:48 pm
(...)
Haha this is a throwback to when I first started casting. People were criticising the mic, the webcam, my accent, the video format... It all became canon.
People will get used to 30 minute videos too, and if they don't, there's still the Tuesday streams which usually go for 3 hours.

Speaking of 29,46 minutes of clickbait, here's part 2 of the finals:

Time to cash in on that insane ad revenue 8)

Mo

Post by Mo »

I think you'll love this game.

More iterations to the map, I've made separate layouts but the game on this with the central tesla version is quite open and shows spaces for comebacks. Frustrating not to see some chances be taken but a fun game nonetheless.

It's a playtest game so it won't let me share on gamereplay and it's too big for here :/

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

Mo wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:00 pm

More iterations to the map, I've made separate layouts but the game on this with the central tesla version is quite open and shows spaces for comebacks. Frustrating not to see some chances be taken but a fun game nonetheless.

It's a playtest game so it won't let me share on gamereplay and it's too big for here :/
Upload compressed??

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Mo wrote:

Do you have dropbox? That's usually the easiest way to upload larger files.

Now that the RAGL finals have been covered, it's time to break the mold with some Shattered Paradise!
I was sent an amazing GDI game that shows this game has enough depth for players to pursue completely diverging builds even in a mirror match:

Cheers!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

PSA: In the wake of 2018's map contest, SoScared and I will do a map evaluation livestream tonight, 6m UTC!

Tune in to watch us dig through 40+ new maps that were created with the sole purpose of winning the coveted golden map trophy:

https://gaming.youtube.com/user/CovertFlobert/live

Hoping to see some of you there!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Mo wrote:
Seeing as you didn't find a way to upload the game, I took matters into my own hands and casted another game of yours instead ;)

Mo versus [bracket], a fun match with lots of action straight out the gate!

Thanks to all those who found the time to tune in for yesterday's stream, we managed to spot another gamebreaking lobby bug (and also play some RA 8) )!

Mo

Post by Mo »

FiveAces wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:49 pm
Mo wrote:
Seeing as you didn't find a way to upload the game, I took matters into my own hands and casted another game of yours instead ;)

Mo versus [bracket], a fun match with lots of action straight out the gate!

Thanks to all those who found the time to tune in for yesterday's stream, we managed to spot another gamebreaking lobby bug (and also play some RA 8) )!
Thanks for the cast! And the comment at the end.

I think this was the game I wanted to send in my last comment. I think there's a number of mistakes, but had they known to expand back with experience, perhaps they could have come back into it.

(I’ll find another way to send the replay. I recently had another game on same map, and same conditions, except player experience could show the difference in handling of the situation. You could make a side by side comparison of this one!)

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

This week, we're going back to the roots with a Tiberian Dawn double feature!
Schmusifant is taking on two opponents back to back in this playtest series on ZxGanon's balance proposal mod.

In other news, I've managed to set up my stream to be available both on twitch and youtube, so tune in to a TD/SP streaming session next Tuesday:
https://gaming.youtube.com/user/CovertFlobert/live or https://www.twitch.tv/fiveacescheckmate

Cheers!