Running the game twice, is it safe?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
SafwatHalaby

Running the game twice, is it safe?

Post by SafwatHalaby »

I would like to watch replays while waiting in the lobby for others to join my game.

Running two instances of OpenRA on the same computer appears to work, but are there any dangers in doing so? Can it break something?

anjew

Post by anjew »

I dont believe so, there used to be a problem opening replays whilst in a game but I didnt crash when I tried that the day before.

It is certainly safe to use to clients to play at once though

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

SoScared did a stream with 4 clients open once, appeared to work well. I've never had an issue myself running 2 while watching 2 games also. My PC is only an I3 6100 for reference.

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

From my experience there is no issues/danger of running 2 instances of the client.

Before we could view the server list from in lobby, it used to be the only way to see if any other games had opened up without giving up your spot in the current lobby.

A lot of people I've encountered also like to run one client of RA and another of TD

Sadly not many people seem to be playing TD at all lately which is a shame because it's awesome.

Jur

Post by Jur »

I think that gatekeeper once played 2vs2, where he played for both players in his team, so it should be safe to be in the lobby and watch replays.