OpenRA - Red Alert Wiki created

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Ok, awesome! Had some time on my hands today so couldve done a bit. Thanks!

Im not sure how to add a maincategory, but if someone is willing to add a "earlier releases" category then I can add links to the downloads + links to the changelogs.

And perhaps another usefull page could be "finding your way in OpenRA". It would contain information about the several places (github, IRC, Discord, mainsite, Sleipnirforum, RAGL, resourcecenter, etc.)
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

SafwatHalaby

Post by SafwatHalaby »

Stats: Mustapha has updated them even before the release was out. All good.

Tactics: It's too early to update them, I'll need to watch how the meta shifts and what new tactics have evolved. By the way, for the exact same reason, I think it's too early to judge whether the targeting update is "good" or "bad".

Other side things: Need some minor updating, e.g. stances, assault move. No biggie.

SafwatHalaby

Post by SafwatHalaby »

I'm still alive and monitoring wiki changes. I'm a bit less actively contributing, partly because the Wiki is mostly full, and partly because I have no time.

Mustapha has been doing a great job maintaining the info up to date.

I've added and updated some info today, and may do so a couple more times in the next few weeks.

Spank

Post by Spank »

Excellent!! As a newbie, thank you for putting this together.

WhoCares

Re: OpenRA - Red Alert Wiki created

Post by WhoCares »

I would like to ask permission to take screenshot of the wiki to insert in a project.

SafwatHalaby

Post by SafwatHalaby »

Hello, the Wiki has been active for a while but it is relatively little known.

I believe good documentation is essential for a community. Is any of the staff interesting in making this project more known? Either by putting a link somewhere prominent, or by migrating it to official servers?

WhoCares wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:51 am
I would like to ask permission to take screenshot of the wiki to insert in a project.
I do not mind that you take a screenshot of the Wiki.

Edit: (If by a screenshot you mean a literal image screenshot). If you are referring to copying the Wiki, please explain further.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

mid video, i have an example of how i wich to use it, but it will require me lot of work to release something usefull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCjI-0Oargk

btw excuse the poor quelity of the video, i'm still learning how to do that ^^

Otherwise it's linked on my discord server for beginners

SafwatHalaby

Post by SafwatHalaby »

Impressive work!

Feel free to use the Wiki for your overlay. You should put a source link, so that users know where the content comes from and be able to contribute if they'd like, and also to comply with CC-BY-SA: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

SafwatHalaby wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Hello, the Wiki has been active for a while but it is relatively little known.

I believe good documentation is essential for a community. Is any of the staff interesting in making this project more known? Either by putting a link somewhere prominent, or by migrating it to official servers?
We put a link to it on https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki#c ... -resources a while ago. We might also want to rework the community page on the website some time...

A cool idea imho would be partly integrating this ingame (see OpenRA/OpenRA#3788).

SafwatHalaby

Post by SafwatHalaby »

That link is buried very deep, yet the Wiki is useful enough to deserve a place on the homepage's community section, and/or to be migrated to an official server with an official domain.

That is, unless I am overestimating its usefulness. And if someone believes so, please do explain. I am more than willing to accept constructive disagreement.

For those of you who haven't seen it:

https://openra-red-alert.wikia.com/