I've got some time off for Thanksgiving so I decided to release an updated playtest. Let's get to the changes:
AA gun delay reduced from 9 to 7. (Current release value is 5)
- The AA gun nerf was too much so we're dialing it back. If anything, testing has shown that Allies need a significantly stronger static air defense than Soviets. At this point we're testing to see if the AA gun needs a nerf at all.
Mechanic wrench heals 25 HP, up from 20.
Fake building build distance increased to 7. Explosion threshold set to 60.
Sub Pen and Naval Yard given sub detection for 8 cells.
MIG HP to 75 from 70.
Didn't make the cut (Removed from playtest)
Air units removed from GPS vision.
Mammoth tank turret traverse increase.
MCV infantry crushing nerf.
The short list:
This release cycle is going to be shorter than we're used to, so I'm getting a short list of balance changes together for a pull request. Because of the short time and the nature of the changes, this list will be short. I'll hold of on changing GPS, for example, because we're already getting a nerf to GPS targeting and I want to see how that pans out before going through with more. I'll rotate the ranger IFV idea into my playtest next cycle.
Here are the changes that I'm confident in so far....
-Light tank damage vs wood increased by 10%. Slight fire rate increase.
-Minimum range of artillery and V2s increased by 2.
-Pillbox and Camo pillbox use 20 power, up from 15.
-MIG damage vs Heavy increased by 15%.
- Accuracy improvements to Cruiser and Missile Sub. Buff to gunboat damage.
(Naval changes might be a bit more fluid here.)
And finally, I would like to hear more from players on a potential change to the grenadier explosion. This is something I'd really like to throw in as it also would improve campaign missions.
Updated playtest changelog and maps:
Smitty's Fall 2017 Playtest (Phase 2)
- Minimum range of Artillery and V2s increased by two cells
- GPS dots removed from infantry.
- Light tank 25mm reload delay reduced from 22 to 21, Damage vs wood increased by 10%
- Iron Curtain invulnerability reduced from 20 to 16 seconds
- AA Gun delay increased from 5 to 7
- Additional passenger seat added to ranger
- Grenadier explosion on death changed to small explosion. Chance increased to 100%
- Walls now require base provider
- Pillbox and Camo Pillbox power cost increased from 15 to 20
- MIG reload delay decreased to 20; damage vs heavy increased to 115%
- Destroyer: Anti-air Missile speed reduced from 255 to 230
- Gunboat damage increased from 25 to 40, Depth charge speed increased from 85 to 125
- Cruiser: Range increased from 16 to 20, inaccuracy decreased to 1c938
- Missile Sub inaccuracy decreased to 0c614
- Submarine vision increased by two cells
- British Spy replaced by Sniper Drop. MGG and Phase Transport swapped between England and France. Sniper fire rate reduced
-Mechanic wrench heals 25 HP, up from 20.
-Fake building build distance increased to 7. Explosion threshold set to 60.
-Sub Pen and Naval Yard given sub detection for 8 cells.
-MIG HP to 75 from 70.
"Do not trust the balance tzars (Smitty, Orb). They are making the changes either for the wrong reasons, for no reason at all, or just because they can and it makes them feel good." - Alex Jones