Red Alert Global League Homepage

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
corrode

Red Alert Global League Homepage

Post by corrode »

Hey guys!

Check out the new official Homepage for the Red Alert Global League!

-> RAGL Homepage <-

The site features a league system with scoreboards, match overview, player profile and statistics, single match details (replay, yt-cast, ...), forum & wiki, user based system with login, profile and messaging, ...

Also, for logged in players, it is possible to report matchresults including replay-upload with only a few clicks.

Please feel free to visit and register! Bugreports etc is very welcome, just use the contact button @ page or the forum.

Please note: Right now this is kind of a "beta" and we're testing live. May Bugs be forgiven ;)

Greez!
corrode/.1/blackened

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Very nice,

Congratulation and thank you for the work.

That makes the league feel more alive.

3.Lucian

Post by 3.Lucian »

well, i have noticed that my results are wrong on recruit bravo.

corrode

Post by corrode »

...fixed! Sorry!

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

I have a bunch of design/functionality suggestions right of the bat:
  • The report match form requires some tweaks. No real purpose to select opponent from the whole league (and even winners of games) when you've already selected the division, and I'd assume database already knows which player is in which division. Also spares lots of mistakes when player names are similar (like with that NethIafin v xy game, when NethIafin is in another division and it's supposed to be me)
  • Participants page has player flags whereas scoreboards page doesn't :P
  • Would be great to have fixtures filtered by division also. And more so by player.
  • Ability to report game by clicking it in fixtures (so that most fields in match report will already be filled and you'd need to only add game results and replays). Maybe just a separate column with a link glyph
  • I'd have suggested to parse replays for results automatically but that will require all players to have their nicknames spelled the same as in tables and also a careful replay upload for host/guest games because this is a meta info. So I probably won't suggest that (code for that is pretty simple still)
Anyway this is a great ton of work, gj!

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

I'd vote for replacing the images of the grenade and bullets by RAGL (ingame) footage, which shows more what it is about and doesn't feel kinda out of place (imho). Just my two cents thought. Otherwise great work! We probably should have considered that some time ago already...

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Nice! Perhaps also show the current round more prominently? And other dates and times. E.g.: it's round 3. You have 2 days, 4hrs, 21min remaining to play your game or report a delay.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

spetsnaz84

Post by spetsnaz84 »

Really nice. I am not an Englishman btw ;-)
I created a profile but I cannot update that (yet) myself, I believe.

corrode

Post by corrode »

Thank you all for your feedback here and @pager Forum (so far)! I will not have that much time for this upcomign weekend, so fixing and adding stuff will need to wait a bit. I will collect your ideas/bugreports and restart working on it on monday! Keep sending or posting issues anyway :)

Post by .1 »

This is basically a beta site as of now, we opened it up to get information/reports. The goal is to get it working fully after the break. The idea is to fully report on that site with auto updating results..You submit a result, its checked,approved, the the results are auto inputted.

corrode

Update

Post by corrode »

Hey guys! Check out the page (again)! A lot of stuff changed :) Have fun!

Click here for some pictures!

Greez!

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

Looks very good.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

From those pictures, that layout looks better i think. :)

Re: Update

Post by .1 »

corrode wrote: Hey guys! Check out the page (again)! A lot of stuff changed :) Have fun!

Click here for some pictures!

Greez!
Lol, you posted pics of the site, on the site, which is linking to the site.

Just post the site. No point of posting pics when people can see it live.

netnazgul

Re: Update

Post by netnazgul »

.1 wrote: Lol, you posted pics of the site, on the site, which is linking to the site.