The Dark Tournament

Gametimes & Tables posted!

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
kazu.

Post by kazu. »

to spice it up every participant has to use a name given by NMM and only he will know who is who till of the end of the tourny, please.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Allthough I like the idea we won't do it this time. I think it'll add some extra fun/mindfuck, but not that super significantly more. It does make organising this more complicated and more prone to mistakes (what to do when people somehow discover who is who?). And last but not least, I think the spectators want to know who they are rooting for. Perhaps in a sequel Dark tournament?
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

Even Darker Tournamentâ„¢

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

When even the tournament officials don't know who are playing: the double blind dark tournament.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Code: Select all

[INCOMING TRANSMISSION] Greetings commander. Let me know when you read this. I hope you read this. It's been difficult at the facility... Last time that I've messaged we were sure to find something soon. None of the leads got us anywhere though. Meanwhile the government is pushing us for results. I understand they want something, but we've got nothing. Absolutely nothing. To be honest, if you ask me there is no 16th dark map. We're being led in circles and I'm not sure by who. Some even say there are spies amongst us to check if we're not holding back anything.

But there's nothing for us to hold back! And that makes it hard to stay motivated. The money is good, but staring into the dark depths of these godforsaken DARK-maps every day is so depressing. Even the forest around us seems to have grown darker. I'm glad we have LUA. Good ol' LUA! It really keeps me sane and focussed. Can't say that for everyone though. We've had colleagues running off into the woods at night, never to be seen again... They say they heard their names echo from the darkness... suuuure... They're probably the spies who have returned to their agency to report. I've heard them talk about me, I've seen them sneak around... good riddance! 

Anyway, got to get back to work. It's almost noon and it's Wednesday. On Wednesdays we quit early to have some [END OF TRANSMISSION]

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

The Dark Tournament is getting closer and we've started preparations to get everything smooth running on the day itself. A couple small updates:

The spawns are off the map alltogether
Abcdefg30 has helped me out and because of that the spawns are off the preview (instead of just skewed). This makes the maps much more confusing and interesting, so that's great and a big thanks to abcdefg30 for helping me out!

Hosts and channel
SoScared's Twitch account will be dug up from the grave and revived! The Tournament will be hosted on his Twitchchannel. He and I will be the main hosts and FiveAces as playing host. He'll join when he's not playing.

The Tournament times
I hope to finish the Tournament in one day. This will require some dedication from both the participants and the casters. All participants should realise that it's a round robin format, which means they will always play 5 games. This means that it's nescessary to be available all day, and a little longer if we go overtime.

I wil check with SoScared to see if the current times are realistic and get back with a schedule that works. For the players from the America's I'll set up their first matches so that they can play as late as possible.

Participants
People can sign up untill the 11th of November. After that I'll sort out who play in both divisions. I will also send a request for confirmation to the selected players in the first couple days. Please respond before the 15th of November. If I don't get a response, or a player realises he is unavailable then I still have time to shove in a reserve player.

Aaaand both non-RAGL players and RAGL players are welcome as people will also be selected on their reputation as a player. So sign up if you dare to play in the dark....

Edit: unfortunately Lorrydriver is out of town on Tournamentday and won't be able to play or comment
Last edited by noobmapmaker on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Will the casters be in shroud on as well ? So we (the sepctators live or vod) don't get spoiled by seing all the map at the begining of a match.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Yeah, the first (couple of) minute(s) we'll keep shroud on to experience the maps from the players perspective.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Having the shroud on whilst watching will be a good thing i think also. This is set to be a really good event.

weeman

Post by weeman »

ill signn up wee man

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

A couple mote minor updates! First to clarify the dates, which I forgot to update in the OP.

People can still sign up! Just 3 more days, untill this Sunday. Chances are big that a couple of the early sign ups are not available, so there's a good chance you'll be able to play.

To sum up:
1. Sign ups are open untill Sunday
2. Participants will recieve a message either here or on Discord to ask for confirmation. Please return before the 15th of November or I'll have to give your seat to the next player.
3. Final tables will be presented Friday the 17th and the matchschedule for the first 5 matches will be presented. European/Asian players will play first and (South) American players later.

And I've edited it in the OP and last update: unfortunately Lorrydriver can not participate or help casting. He's out of town, alas!

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

This is the last day of Registration! you've got untill midnight, 23:59 UTC to sign up.

Also those who have allready signed up have recieved a message to confirm their registration. Either on the Sleipnirforum, by e-mail OR on the Discord Channel. If you have signed up, but didnt get a message then let me know! I'll try to contact those who havent responded in a day or two again.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Lots of info is updated!

To sum up: there is no longer a division 1 and 2, instead its A and B and they are more or less equal in strength and will have equal chance to win $$$.

Corrode will also cast a division! You can switch channels to see your favourite match up!

Furthermore: some participants still have to confirm (or decline) their participation!
In order to actually get to 12 players I will still accept sign ups. Send me a PM if you want to play!

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

I might join aswell if possible. It really depends if I got the time. Im not sure yet.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Added you to the list!

WeeMan, Raishiwi and Medium Tank have untill tonight to confirm their registration, otherwise Ill have to give the seats to Netnazgul and ZXGanon.