General Discussion / Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Put all your ideas, questions, and suggestions in here

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Minotaur

Post by Minotaur »

Is there a way for defining preset colors for easy accessing ? The freedom of choice granted by the current color picker is nice however im like wanting the exact playercolors used in C&C95 and RA1. And sofar havent suceeded in getting the same shade of blue for allies.
The capability atleast in the form of an single slot for saving your favorite colour would be nice as one time had an really good looking color and failed to recreate it later onwards despite had even screenshot its location in the colorpicker but wasnt exactly the same. It was an really nice shade of darkblue.
If there was an textfield for seeing colorcode of the picked color could easily input it later on.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Minotaur if you go into the RA file in documents then settings you can put whatever html code for color as you want apart from white.

Minotaur

Post by Minotaur »

Happy wrote: Minotaur if you go into the RA file in documents then settings you can put whatever html code for color as you want apart from white.
Oh, thats nice to know.
now the question is where to obtain html color codes of C&C95/RA1 player colors. Perhaps you know and would like to share ?

OMnom

Post by OMnom »

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

Minotaur wrote:
Happy wrote: Minotaur if you go into the RA file in documents then settings you can put whatever html code for color as you want apart from white.
Oh, thats nice to know.
now the question is where to obtain html color codes of C&C95/RA1 player colors. Perhaps you know and would like to share ?
What Omnom said or they got to be somewhere in the mission files as those use the same colors.

RadicalEdward2

Post by RadicalEdward2 »

I'm trying to make my first interior map and I was wondering, are aircraft units and air-abilities disabled by default on Interior maps?

I know this sounds like a dumb question but, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask before testing out the map to discover helicopters and planes zooming over black areas that would be considered "solid Earth".

OMnom

Post by OMnom »

No, the tech level settings have nothing to do with the map itself. You can have crates, parabombs, and airplanes on all maps by default.

RadicalEdward2

Post by RadicalEdward2 »

OMnom wrote: No, the tech level settings have nothing to do with the map itself. You can have crates, parabombs, and airplanes on all maps by default.
So you're telling me, this:
and this:

...can happen in-game and it hasn't been fixed yet?

I guess it wasn't a dumb question then.
That's a pretty big issue. Subterranean planes and obligatory AA guns miles below the Earth's surface.
That shouldn't be possible.
I thought terrain-specific parameters would have been implemented by now.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

I would like to know the reason/purpose of the nuke and gps timer ?

To me it makes no sense and you can't do a ninja nuke or hidden gps wich could be awesome and force the opponent to be more carefull about what the hell you do in your own base.

the game lack of basic intel such a unit's vison wich are basically blind, a radar that doesn't give you anything (it even can't detect flying aircraft what a scam) but magically the second a nuke or gps pops out you have instant intel about it.

So explain me why and if i just whined for nothing if this nonsense is justified in some way i don't see or could it and would it be removed ?

fernoe

Post by fernoe »

Is there a way to slow down structure's buildup animations? I found things like "make: factmake" for the war factory and I assume there's some more code that deals with it but I can't find it.

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

WhoCares wrote: I would like to know the reason/purpose of the nuke and gps timer ?
I think it's mostly for balance reasons. Hidden nukes/gps would break the game pretty easily.
fernoe wrote: Is there a way to slow down structure's buildup animations?
Fortnight's mod does this with defensive structures. Pouring through his code there should shed some light on how to do it.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Blackened wrote: I think it's mostly for balance reasons. Hidden nukes/gps would break the game pretty easily.
I'm not entirely convinced, is the game been tested competitively without that or has it been around for ever mostly for turtle/basic/ffa players who play sim-city for 20 min until starting worrying about what their opponent might be doing ?

Have anyone here really played openra without thos timer to have a proper feedback ?

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

WhoCares wrote:
Blackened wrote: I think it's mostly for balance reasons. Hidden nukes/gps would break the game pretty easily.
I'm not entirely convinced, is the game been tested competitively without that or has it been around for ever mostly for turtle/basic/ffa players who play sim-city for 20 min until starting worrying about what their opponent might be doing ?

Have anyone here really played openra without thos timer to have a proper feedback ?
If your games are sim-city like then you aren't playing good players......

Try playing Murto, Omnom, Lorrydriver or FiveAces..... this game is quick, hardly "sim-city"

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

fernoe wrote: Is there a way to slow down structure's buildup animations? I found things like "make: factmake" for the war factory and I assume there's some more code that deals with it but I can't find it.
The default "Tick" is "40". So you can e.g. double the length of the buildup animation by adding "Tick: 80" under "make: factmake".

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

WhoCares wrote:

My initial reaction is to agree with Blackened, especially with the GPS. That said, no I don't believe it has been tested (recently) without timers, and I wouldn't mind seeing it tested.
"Do not trust the balance tzars (Smitty, Orb). They are making the changes either for the wrong reasons, for no reason at all, or just because they can and it makes them feel good." - Alex Jones