New to Modding OpenRA - Crash becuase of new unit

crash when clicing on new building options

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
scorp

Post by scorp »

i've had this again.

again crash in the midst of a larger battle. What it had in commn with the last time it happened is the use of Missile Subs. I haven't made changes to those, though.

Phrohdoh

Post by Phrohdoh »

We will need your "exception.log" (preferably at a site like pastebin.com) to help with this.
To find the file I'll refer you to the wiki: https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/F ... st-crashed

scorp

Post by scorp »

Phrohdoh wrote: We will need your "exception.log" (preferably at a site like pastebin.com) to help with this.
To find the file I'll refer you to the wiki: https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/F ... st-crashed
the Crash log can be found 4 posting further back. No, i don't have a time machine :lol:

scorp

Post by scorp »

so after a few releases have gone by, and with pretty much every release changing yaml logics and other mod-relevant things, i tried to recover some content from my older mods for the current release

Now a certain .shp i used in the old Version causes a Crash at Startup: It uses the same sequences that it did use in the old Version.

Runtime Version: .NET CLR 4.0.30319.34209
Exception of type `System.IndexOutOfRangeException`: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
bei OpenRA.FileFormats.Format80.DecodeInto(Byte[] src, Byte[] dest, Int32 srcOffset, Boolean reverse)
bei OpenRA.Mods.Common.SpriteLoaders.ShpTDSprite.Decompress(ImageHeader h)
bei OpenRA.Mods.Common.SpriteLoaders.ShpTDSprite..ctor(Stream stream)
bei OpenRA.Mods.Common.SpriteLoaders.ShpTDLoader.TryParseSprite(Stream s, ISpriteFrame[]& frames)
bei OpenRA.Graphics.SpriteLoader.GetFrames(String filename, ISpriteLoader[] loaders)
bei OpenRA.Graphics.SpriteLoader.GetSprites(String filename, ISpriteLoader[] loaders, SheetBuilder sheetBuilder)
bei OpenRA.Graphics.SpriteCache.<SpriteCache>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String filename)
bei OpenRA.Exts.GetOrAdd[K,V](Dictionary`2 d, K k, Func`2 createFn)
bei OpenRA.Primitives.Cache`2.get_Item(T key)
bei OpenRA.Graphics.SpriteCache.get_Item(String filename)
bei OpenRA.Mods.Common.Graphics.DefaultSpriteSequence..ctor(ModData modData, TileSet tileSet, SpriteCache cache, ISpriteSequenceLoader loader, String sequence, String animation, MiniYaml info)
bei OpenRA.Mods.Common.Graphics.TilesetSpecificSpriteSequenceLoader.CreateSequence(ModData modData, TileSet tileSet, SpriteCache cache, String sequence, String animation, MiniYaml info)
bei OpenRA.Mods.Common.Graphics.DefaultSpriteSequenceLoader.ParseSequences(ModData modData, TileSet tileSet, SpriteCache cache, MiniYamlNode node)
bei OpenRA.Graphics.SequenceCache.<Load>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0()
bei System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
bei System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
bei System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
bei OpenRA.Graphics.SequenceProvider.Preload()
bei OpenRA.ModData.PrepareMap(String uid)
bei OpenRA.Game.StartGame(String mapUID, WorldType type)
bei OpenRA.Game.LoadShellMap()
bei OpenRA.Mods.Common.LoadScreens.BlankLoadScreen.StartGame(Arguments args)
bei OpenRA.Game.InitializeMod(String mod, Arguments args)
bei OpenRA.Game.Initialize(Arguments args)
bei OpenRA.Program.Run(String[] args)
bei OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args)

apparently, the new Version can't load that SHP for some reason while the old Version could? I tried a variety of different rules/sequences Setups, but the Crash strangely persists.

Thanks for any pointers in case anyone has encountered this before

scorp

Post by scorp »

i Keep getting this for a lot of custom shp's.

has the code for shp rendering been altered recently? or does anybody know what Kind of issue may have caused this?

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

Well, I never had that issue but I also know that most custom SHPs around the internet are TS SHPs... but seriously without a crashing example I can only suggest adding ShpTS into mod.yaml>SpriteFormats: if that haven't been done before.
AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

That's weird... I had the same error with my .shp files. Changing them to SHP(TS) solved the crash though.

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

Most OS SHP Builder versions does not support pre-TS SHP saving and spits out bugged results. This got fixed in this April. Use the last beta version from http://svn.ppmsite.com/filedetails.php? ... uilder.exe .
Last edited by Graion Dilach on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scorp

Post by scorp »

Graion Dilach wrote: Well, I never had that issue but I also know that most custom SHPs around the internet are TS SHPs... but seriously without a crashing example I can only suggest adding ShpTS into mod.yaml>SpriteFormats: if that haven't been done before.
hmm i use a copy of the red alert mod.yaml (with alterations only where i have custom content) so my mod.yaml looks as follows:

SpriteFormats: ShpTD, TmpRA, TmpTD, ShpTS

okay i guess i'll need to change one of the shp files in question to SHP(TS) as well to test abcdefg30's workaround. What is the easiest way to do this?

(Please note: i get a blank site when opening the link posted before http://svn.ppmsite.com/filedetails.php? ... uilder.exe. )

I'll try the conversion in OS shp builder and report back.

Thank you guys for your help, hope that works :)

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

I just opened the .shp with OS Ship Builder again and re-saved it as SHP(TS).

scorp

Post by scorp »

abcdefg30 wrote: I just opened the .shp with OS Ship Builder again and re-saved it as SHP(TS).
yeah i did that as well and it works.

Thanks a lot really. It would be a gamble otherwiese every time i try to use custom shp's.

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

scorp wrote: (Please note: i get a blank site when opening the link posted before http://svn.ppmsite.com/filedetails.php? ... uilder.exe
Darn. Remove the dot from the end of the link. I didn't noticed it slapped one to the end.

scorp

Post by scorp »

So I tried updating my mod to the new playtest. Since my mod inhereits almost all its content from ra, this should have been easy, no?

no, it isn't. after resolving a number of issues related to what appears to be a redesign of mod.yaml, the mod still can't load and the game crashes with the following exception:

Scorp's Red Alert Mod at Version release-20150919, V. 01
Operating System: Windows (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)
Runtime Version: .NET CLR 4.0.30319.34209
Exception of type `System.InvalidOperationException`: Cannot locate type: RenderSimpleInfo
bei OpenRA.ObjectCreator.<MissingTypeAction>m__5(String s)
bei OpenRA.ObjectCreator.CreateObject[T](String className, Dictionary`2 args)
bei OpenRA.ObjectCreator.CreateObject[T](String className)
bei OpenRA.Game.CreateObject[T](String name)
bei OpenRA.ActorInfo.LoadTraitInfo(String traitName, MiniYaml my)
bei OpenRA.ActorInfo..ctor(String name, MiniYaml node, Dictionary`2 allUnits)
bei OpenRA.RulesetCache.<Load>m__0(MiniYamlNode k, Dictionary`2 y)
bei OpenRA.RulesetCache.<LoadYamlRules>c__AnonStorey1`1.<>m__0(MiniYamlNode wkv, Dictionary`2 wyy)
bei OpenRA.RulesetCache.<LoadYamlRules>c__AnonStorey1`1.<>m__1(MiniYamlNode kv)
bei OpenRA.Exts.ToDictionaryWithConflictLog[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, String debugName, Func`2 logKey, Func`2 logValue)
bei OpenRA.RulesetCache.LoadYamlRules[T](Dictionary`2 itemCache, String[] files, List`1 nodes, Func`3 f)
bei OpenRA.RulesetCache.Load(Map map)
bei OpenRA.ModData.<ModData>m__2()
bei OpenRA.ModData.get_DefaultRules()
bei OpenRA.Map.<PostInit>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__0()
bei OpenRA.Map.PreloadRules()
bei OpenRA.ModData.PrepareMap(String uid)
bei OpenRA.Game.StartGame(String mapUID, WorldType type)
bei OpenRA.Game.LoadShellMap()
bei OpenRA.Mods.Common.LoadScreens.BlankLoadScreen.StartGame(Arguments args)
bei OpenRA.Game.InitializeMod(String mod, Arguments args)
bei OpenRA.Game.Initialize(Arguments args)
bei OpenRA.Program.Run(String[] args)
bei OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args)

I understand that there's an issue with RenderSimpleInfo, but i have no clue where to locate the issue, e.g. which file or which file type. If anybody has a clue, please kindly let me know.

As much as i like frequent updates, they are certainly a challenge when i want to use a small bit of custom Content :oops:

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

The RenderSimple trait is gone. You're using that on one of your actors.

All older Render* traits got surpassed with RenderSprites/RenderVoxels + WithSpriteBody/WithVoxelBody and variations - thereby resolving many of the older limits of them.

https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/T ... laytest%29 is your friend.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Also running the utility should help (by auto-updating the traits).