Red Alert: Tiberium Origins MOD

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Helas,

i greatly support the idea of having tiberium and ore!
Hail to the soviets!

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

New release! 075

Alpha 075 changelog:

Ballance

- MIG is now faster (28 from 20)
- increased MammothThusk ROF from 70 to 80
- Increased RTUT Damage from 165 to 185
- Increased ATWR AG missile damage from 60x3 to 65x3
- Increased SSM Launcher ROF
- Decreased Obelisk of Light ROF from 120 to 110
- Decreased MLRS, MSAM, KATY, V2RL range from 13 to 12
- Decreased ARTY range from 14 to 13
- Inrcreased ARTY ROF from 85 to 100
- Increased Predator Damage from 125 to 150
- Increased MLRS missile Splash damage
- Decreased Scoprion Tank Build Time
- Tiberium Research Lab is now an Allied/Soviet exclusive building. Cost changed to 800. Requires Techcenter to be built. Unlocks Tiberium Rafinery for Allies and Soviet. Unlocks Allied predator and Railgun Turret.
- Advanced Command Center and Temple of Nod cost increased to 3000 credits.
- GDi/NOD Advanced Power Plant cost increased to 800 (like in C&C) to compensate for them taking up less space.
- Ion Cannon Charge time increased from 3 to 5 minutes.
- Removed Sattelite Uplink and Ion Cannon ability from Allied Multiplayer tech tree - it will be a Single Player building ONLY. (Allies had to many superpowers in MP).
- Nod Nuclear Missile charge time is now 15 minutes (from 12)
- Allied / Soviet Nuclear Missile is 12 minutes.
- Missile Silo cost decreased to 2000 (was 2500).
- Added new suport power for Soviets/Nod: Napalm Strike - A C17 bombet blankets the area with napalm. Very effective agains infantry and buildings.
- Added Flame Tank for the Soviets - Requires Tiberium Research Lab - same basic unit as the NOD Flame Tank, same .SHP
- Katyusha MLRS now also requires Tiberium Research Lab
- Katyusha MLRS role changed - it now does very little damage to heavy armor - it's effective against Infantry, Buildings and Light Vehicles.

Visual

- Allied Predator (Railgun Tank) now has a different turret!

AI

- Normal and Hard AI now build more tanks and less infantry
- Hard AI now builds more base defences

Features

- Added Tiberium Dawn music to the music player, alongside the Red Alert music.
- Added more maps with Tiberium, courtesy of Petrenko
- Infantry now takes damage from tiberium!

Download links:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ea9b60c1

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/4 ... 5-rar.html
Last edited by kaneCVR on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho,

liked godzila, added tiberium and enough spawnpoints to have people decide balance on their own.

Edit: Also thanks for the credits :3
Attachments
TO-Godzilla.oramap
(333.63 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
Hail to the soviets!

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

Petrenko wrote: Heyho,

liked godzila, added tiberium and enough spawnpoints to have people decide balance on their own.

Edit: Also thanks for the credits :3
10x and keep'em comin' :D

On a diffrent note - does anybody know if there is a color agument/trait for the Laser weapon? Would like to use it's graphics for the railguns, but colored pale-blue and 1 pixel thin...

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Example from TS-Branch

MechRailgun:
ROF: 60
Range: 8c0
Burst: 2
BurstDelay: 10
Charges: yes
Report: RAILUSE5.AUD
Projectile: LaserZap
Color: 200,0,255,255
BeamWidth: 2

Warhead:
Spread: 42
InfDeath: 5
Damage: 200

Btw: Have you thought of using voxels for every vehicle? Since there are a thousend voxels around and you could integrate both TS and RA2 you'll have great variety. Also changing turrets and stuff is pretty easy! http://yrarg.cncguild.net/ for RA2 and ppmsite.com for TS and RA2
Hail to the soviets!

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho,

two things.

First: HollowEye? I forgot to get the script and stuff out of your map and trying on my own just crashs it. Could you look into it? Would be very nice!

Second: I made an own new map. Not as special as Hagakure but it think Santa Fe (Valentine) should be nice and also could work as a mission-map if someone wants to help me or try it himself. Still could use some improvement.
Attachments
TO-Valentine.oramap
(12.3 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
Hail to the soviets!

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

Petrenko wrote: Example from TS-Branch

MechRailgun:
ROF: 60
Range: 8c0
Burst: 2
BurstDelay: 10
Charges: yes
Report: RAILUSE5.AUD
Projectile: LaserZap
Color: 200,0,255,255
BeamWidth: 2

Warhead:
Spread: 42
InfDeath: 5
Damage: 200

Btw: Have you thought of using voxels for every vehicle? Since there are a thousend voxels around and you could integrate both TS and RA2 you'll have great variety. Also changing turrets and stuff is pretty easy! http://yrarg.cncguild.net/ for RA2 and ppmsite.com for TS and RA2
I have, but not for this mod. Was thinking of making a new mod using nice large detailed voxels, but i'll tackle that challenge in the summer when I have more free time.

10x for the code, it works great. Now all I have to do is figure out how to make the railguns damage everything in their path.

I keep getting the editor crash bug too... the only way to fix it is to do a clean install of openRA. :(

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho,

i'd gladly like to join your new project then. Still depends on some other things. If i get the starboundproject to run for itself i can get out of it and start something new here. I think others may want to join, too since you really got your act together. (I hope this means what it think it means.)

Anyway... keep on rocking!
Hail to the soviets!

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

i'd gladly like to join your new project then. Still depends on some other things. If i get the starboundproject to run for itself i can get out of it and start something new here. I think others may want to join, too since you really got your act together. (I hope this means what it think it means.)

Anyway... keep on rocking!
I'd love to have you on the project - I could really use new input... there's lots of things that could be done to this mod - and I would like to get started on the campaign, but there are still things to work out.

i would love to have your input on level design, missions, techtrees and more...

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho,

i'd like to help, yes. But i'm only good at mapmaking and doing stupid-work. I'd love to learn how to make a decent mission with briefing, events, toggle-scripts etc., though.
Hail to the soviets!

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

i'd like to help, yes. But i'm only good at mapmaking and doing stupid-work. I'd love to learn how to make a decent mission with briefing, events, toggle-scripts etc., though.
I didn't know anything about modding openra when I started, but I learned by doing, as the project moved along. I'm making this as a hobby - no deadlines, no stress. It will be ready when it's ready :D

zypres1

fun to play

Post by zypres1 »

I really like this mod.
Its nice if you or us can help out with this:

1: Announce it more places.
2: Have dedicated server hosting it (name should be shorten link to this forum?)
3: Make at least one short fun scripted game (singeplayer) in it. (simple, just like 3 vs 1 easy, but introducing all the new units for for each faction.

Matt

Post by Matt »

I advertised you at https://plus.google.com/b/1003323649311 ... 8a8DRA3xUL

Had a look at the (huge) RAR file. You are duplicating a lot of files which does not make maintaining your mod easier. We offer several ways of re-using files by referencing folders and YAML of other mods. Especially there is no need to ship a duplicate of OpenRA.Mods.RA.dll and the mods/ra/bits files. See https://github.com/Mailaender/OpenRA/tr ... ts/mods/d2 for an example on how to start a mod by inheriting 99% of an existing one.

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

Hi guys, sorry it took me so long to reply, I've just been very busy with collage lately, midterms and all...
zypres1 wrote: I really like this mod.
Its nice if you or us can help out with this:

1: Announce it more places.
2: Have dedicated server hosting it (name should be shorten link to this forum?)
3: Make at least one short fun scripted game (singeplayer) in it. (simple, just like 3 vs 1 easy, but introducing all the new units for for each faction.
@zypress1 - all of those are great ideas, unfortunately, for the next 3 weeks I will be a little pressed for time, but if anyone wants to help with what you proposed above, I'm all for it! I've been gathering a few screens / videos and building up some sketches for a nice modDB/desura page, but I'm not quite there yet.

Hosting a dedicated server will be a little tricky for me, but not impossible.

Like I said in the first post, the mod will have a campaign, featuring all new units and a story bridging the red alert and tiberium dawn campaigns (the fall of the Soviet union, the rise of Kane and Nod, the threat of tiberium and the creation of SpecOps9 / Global Defense Initiative) - timeline will stretch from the post RA era, to the post Tiberian Dawn era. Unfortunately, building a campaign is very time consuming, but one to tree missions will be launched in Alpha 0.9. I want to have a Singleplayer / campaign button set up in the menu, so you can just pick a side and start playing without any further fiddleing - trouble is, I would like the game engine to be able to jump from map to map, without the need to manually select a mission - and I would like the ability to Save an ongoing campaign, things that have not been implemented into the engine yet. Regardless, i will be releasing the first tree missions.
Cmd. Matt wrote: I advertised you at https://plus.google.com/b/1003323649311 ... 8a8DRA3xUL

Had a look at the (huge) RAR file. You are duplicating a lot of files which does not make maintaining your mod easier. We offer several ways of re-using files by referencing folders and YAML of other mods. Especially there is no need to ship a duplicate of OpenRA.Mods.RA.dll and the mods/ra/bits files. See https://github.com/Mailaender/OpenRA/tr ... ts/mods/d2 for an example on how to start a mod by inheriting 99% of an existing one.
Thank you for the advertising, it shows your confidence in this project, and I really appreciate it! It's a nice incentive to do more.

I know I have a lot of dupes and unused files in there... I'll start cleaning up the mod as soon as I reach Beta stage.

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

UPDATE:

Got the first two NOD mission maps built and populated, but I'm having trouble scripting them...

For example: I need an actor (a gunboat) to start patrolling between two points on a map (waypoint01 and waypoint02) and attack everything in it's path. How yould I do that?

Does the game engine allow for unit stances like the RA engine did? (Ex. Hunt,sleep or Guard stance) and if it does, where can I find the switches and how do I implement them for any given actor?

Some code examples would really help...