UOE Tournament on 20th January

modded map tournament with prizes

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
SoScared

Post by SoScared »

As per Friday Jan 12th:

$90 Prize Pool!

8 days left of registration: 3 spots left for the serious bracket (open for all, prize pool), and 7 spots left for the experimental bracket (Masters' players banned)!

Get in and register for the event!

Some highlights from a recent hype stream:

2x Games on maps 'Aquarius' and 'Dark05':
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217965335

SirCake vs LorryDriver:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217966334

*edited information
Last edited by SoScared on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maceman

Post by maceman »

Non-Masters player signing up :)

Edit: If I'm ok to join can you put me down as Unano, cheers.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Alright! I put you into the "experimental bracket", since you did not specify.
If you want to compete for prize money, I can instead put you into the "serious bracket" on request.

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

@SirCake if that discord server is to be used, you should include it in links/advertisement

maceman

Post by maceman »

Thanks, I'm pretty easy which bracket I go in, although got the impression the first bracket was just for Masters players? Either ways, I'll just go in whichever bracket isn't full.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

^That was just some mis-information by me. Rather, Masters' players are banned from the experimental bracket, with the serious bracket being open for all and with the prizepool.

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

Count me in!

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Registration closes in 9 hours. Hurry up and register if you want to join the tournament! :)

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Live-Stream of the tournament:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/220643521

Replays of the tournament:
Attachments
UOE-Tournament-20Jan2017.zip
All replays of the tournament and the maps they were played on.
(4.68 MiB) Downloaded 279 times

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Hi,
about one week ago zxGanon took the tropy of this tournament, and with that a 50$ first prize.
But there were also two other secondary prizes which are now awarded among all games played in the tournament:

The $20 award for 'most creative play' (using UOE rules) goes to the quater final match between Happy and Mustapha, game one, where Mustapha tried to rush his opponent by loading sixteen medics, rocket troopers and rifle infantry into one sea transport and delivered them to the shoreline of his opponent.
While this rush ultimately failed, due to poor buildorder choices and a counter-rush by Happy, this rush played to the map layout of Aquarius and was a very creative way to use the the UOE rules changes which I had not anticipated. Congratulations Mustapha!

The $20 award for 'most abusive play' (using UOE rules) goes to the first quater final game between Blackened and Admiral Mo. This was a close one since Ganon and Happy made the double-rocket ranger shine in other games, especially Ganons micro in the second quater finals game against Eskimo, where his two rangers and crew took down a total of three harvesters of his Ill prepared opponent Eskimo.
However, Blackened, in his game, used so many rules of UOE abusively that he ended the game with a assets killed ratio of about 2:1 and won against mo who held 2/3 of the map for the e n t i r e game!!! He parked his longer-range destroyers on all ore fields, inhibinting mo's harvesting operations. He sent swimming tanya three times across the sea who demolished mo's base. He used the new depth charges on longbows to destroy several helpless submerged submarines from the air. Finally he bombared the shore with extended range cruisers so long that one actually got to g e n e r a l rank! (~34k destroyed by that single cruiser).
On top of that he was not even hesitating to call out "soviets imbalanced!" after winning the game. Well done, Blackened, congratulations on being the most abusive player of UOE! ;)

Cheers,
SirCake
Attachments
Quaterfinals-Happy-MustaphaTR-g1.orarep
most creative play
map: Aquarius (https://resource.openra.net/maps/24736/)
(249.19 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Quaterfinals-mo-blackened-g1.orarep
most abusive play
map: Aquarius (https://resource.openra.net/maps/24736/)
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 290 times
Last edited by SirCake on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Ha nice report! Someone do a YouTube video on this, or replay during a stream. Congrats players with the prizes!
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

Jur

Post by Jur »

Replays would be nice. At least of most creative and abusive play.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Topic has been unstickied as the tourney is now over :) thanks to everyone involved!