TD 1v1 League

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
maceman

TD 1v1 League

Post by maceman »

Hey all, I'm thinking of trying a 1v1 league for TD in OpenRA.

Nothing overly serious at the moment - no prize money or anything, just a bit of fun.

I think the format should be similar to RAGL in that each week you have to arrange a match with another player in the league according to the match list - which can be played at any time agreed by both players or delayed if needed. 2 matches - 1 map choice each.

I just want to see the interest first though, although if at least 8 people are up for it, I'll get it going. If you are interested, let me know and I'll add your name to the list.

Just post on this thread or message me on discord (@maceman or @unano).

Players interested:
Unano
Lucy (Unconfirmed)
Lucasss (Unconfirmed)
Anjew
Blackened
Black (MASTER) (Unconfirmed)
Kick Ass (Unconfirmed)
Schmusifant (Unconfirmed)
Wallnuting Ballz (Unconfirmed)
Slowboy (Unconfirmed)
ZXGannon
FiveAces
Mikeej
Dragunoff
Eskimo
Solo Cup
STUKA
Bain (Unconfirmed)
Borgmo
Lorrydriver (Unconfirmed)
Orb

NOTICE:
Ok if everyone entering could join this discord, and follow the instructions on the registration channel.

https://discord.gg/dgUfzYb

Registration closes on 7th January.

League tables and schedule will be published on the 8th January for matches to start on 15th January.

Full rules can be found in this discord channel.

The map pool will be published by the 7th.
Last edited by maceman on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 23 times in total.

lucassss

Post by lucassss »

I will join, note that I suck in TD even more than I suck in RA :P

maceman

Post by maceman »

lucassss wrote: I will join, note that I suck in TD even more than I suck in RA :P
Awesome - yea I'm not great either but should be fun :)

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

me maybe too

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Sounds great, counter me in! Td deserves more players!

maceman

Post by maceman »

Cool - getting quite a lot of interest :)

[TMH] Mikeej

Post by [TMH] Mikeej »

Let mee join sexyness...

HMMMM

Mikeej

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

I'll play too :)

maceman

Post by maceman »

Ok, so more than enough people are interested so I thought it's worth getting a draft plan in order.

Assuming everyone who is interested decides to play, thats 15 players, so I was thinking of splitting into two groups completely at random to make it fair.

That then means that a maximum of 8 games need to be played each. So if it's spread over 9 weeks, that gives everyone a week off too.

At the end of the season, the top 2 players from each group can have a knockout-style playoff tornament to decide who gets first, second, third and fourth overall.

If all goes well and everyone wants to carry on for another season after that, the top half of both groups can be promoted to another devision for next time.

This is mostly just the same as how RAGL works, and it works well, so I'm thinking it should work good for this too.

It's probably also worth using the same delays and strikes system as it keeps things going. For those that don't know - if you fail to organise or play a match one week and it's your fault, you get a strike. Three strikes and you get disqualified from the league. If you can't play for any reason, you can delay a match for up to 3 weeks - you just need to report that you are doing this.

This all sound Ok to everyone? If there is anything I've missed, please say! :)

I was thinking of getting a registration page up somewhere seperate to the forum as a lot of players don't come here, and it should help to keep it all in one place. I'll try and get this done within the next couple of weeks, and if all goes well hopefully it can all get started early in the new year.

Also: Any suggestions on the name of the league / devisions? I mean, we could just keep it simple an steal it all from RAGL, but it might also be nice to have some more TD-like names. :)

anjew

Post by anjew »

maceman wrote: Also: Any suggestions on the name of the league / devisions? I mean, we could just keep it simple an steal it all from RAGL, but it might also be nice to have some more TD-like names. :)
I always liked GDave's FRA:GL :p

It sounds like a very similar set up to what I did a couple of years ago, this is the thread if you are interested (http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 82&t=19374)
I just called it OpenRA: Tiberium Dawn 1v1 League (ORA:TD 1v1). I think I had the intention of the name being modular so I could do ORA:TD 2v2
(I originally named it the "Tiberium Dawn World League" though)

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

The biggest question I have is the game settings. Light support is sometimes used in TD and I hate light support. Would that be something allowed and or at the matches discretion (similar to how faster was an option in the previous RAGL season) or would it be different?

as for division names we could go the Nod route:

masters-> inner circle
Minions-> commanders
recruits -> acolytes
cadets -> initiates

Or the GDI route:

masters-> Titans
Minions-> Wolverines
recruits -> riflemen
cadets -> civies

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

Offering technical services, as it is - of course - tradition.
A glorious day for Canada, and therefore the whole world.
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

I hate light support aswell and I hate most of the current 1v1 maps in the pool (Pirates and Emperors and Two Ponds are the exceptions).

If we really wanna do a TDGL than it needs a circle of experienced people with a well thought out system.

Still though more promotion for TD is always good. I love this game.

Also who is that ZXGannon?

[TMH] Mikeej

Post by [TMH] Mikeej »

I hope we do

MCV only
No crates
And maps WITHOUT blue.

Thank you.

STUKA

Post by STUKA »

Finally some serious action

Count me ass in