RAGL S04 Official map selection.

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.

Which of these maps should be included in RAGLS04?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:05 pm

Nuclear Winter
35%
Ysmir
29%
Sirrocco
16%
Almost Arid
19%

Total votes: 31

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

I just realised Desert Rats is not part of the map pool and I don't understand why. I think it's hands down the best small map and I know many agree with me.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

Just swap kotg for desert rats and everyone will be happy satisfied.

By the way kotg is still imbalanced due to
a) the ore patch to the topleft being easier to harv snipe
b) ore patch to the topright being longer to gather than bottomright because ref exit is at the bottom

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

Fun fact: only maps in all map pools of the four seasons are Behind the Veil, Winter Storm and Keep off the Grass.

However, Behind the Veil and Winter Storm have changed slightly along the way so kotg2 is the only map that has been unchanged in the map pool for entire RAGL lifetime
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

I want to point out the poll is open to all forum members which means players who are not competing in RAGL can be voting for the RAGL map pool which is a bit ludicrous as their vote is deciding the fate of others and not themselves.

JOo

Post by JOo »

Happy wrote: I want to point out the poll is open to all forum members which means players who are not competing in RAGL can be voting for the RAGL map pool which is a bit ludicrous as their vote is deciding the fate of others and not themselves.

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

Happy wrote: I want to point out the poll is open to all forum members which means players who are not competing in RAGL can be voting for the RAGL map pool which is a bit ludicrous as their vote is deciding the fate of others and not themselves.
If only there was a week after sign up ended that all registered voters could confirm their map pick before the pool is finalized. ;)

FTW KOTH has had some changes this season.

Mostly its 3 times bigger with more ore patches, oil derricks, and a capturable nuclear silo. OR I changed the top or spawn so that the ore mines mimic the bottom spawn.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Pitfight will need to be edited after the next release. The Forward Command Center with base provider would bring a whole new meaning to 'early map control'.
"Do not trust the balance tzars (Smitty, Orb). They are making the changes either for the wrong reasons, for no reason at all, or just because they can and it makes them feel good." - Alex Jones

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

Smitty wrote: Pitfight will need to be edited after the next release. The Forward Command Center with base provider would bring a whole new meaning to 'early map control'.
It still takes 2x engineer time to take it

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Btw the RAGL Season 3 Pitfight is also slightly edited beyond the original final revision. The corner forest paths are wider.

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

New map pack is out with the map agenda updated. Please make sure you delete the old ones. I know this will be a slight headache and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

In other news, I've extended the map pool finalization to the 6th to allow everyone to work through the 4 maps to be voted on. Players have been emailed a link to a poll so that they can vote. If you did not receive and email please contact me so that I can rectify the situation.
Attachments
RAGLS04 maps edited.zip
mappack with edited agenda
(188.36 KiB) Downloaded 272 times

Craig Christ

Post by Craig Christ »

Hi there,
I didn't get an email...

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

Craig Christ wrote: Hi there,
I didn't get an email...
Email sent!

Craig Christ

Post by Craig Christ »

Blackened wrote:
Craig Christ wrote: Hi there,
I didn't get an email...
Email sent!
Thank you, got it now!

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

So tomorrow the finalized mappack will be presented?
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

~3 hours left in the polls. Nuclear Winter and Ysmir have pretty decisive lead. But yes I will update which maps won and which maps lost.

Poll is closed. Nuclear Winter and Ysmir won out. The other two maps can be deleted or removed from your map folder.