The Dark Tournament

Gametimes & Tables posted!

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Happy will have to pull out :(

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

No problem, always welcome back later if you or Juicebox change your mind when approaching the 18th of November.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

But who will represent England in this dark hour!?

Though i'll play if you end up short for whatever reason. I'm cool with any minion/masters players playing instead though :)

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

eskimo wrote: But who will represent England in this dark hour!?

Though i'll play if you end up short for whatever reason. I'm cool with any minion/masters players playing instead though :)
after watching you wipe the floor with orb I feel its up to you to carry the British colors into battle! Go and fight, the queen commands it.

Last edited by Clockwork on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

Happy wrote: Go and fight the queen
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Doomsday wrote:
Happy wrote: Go and fight the queen
commas are very important for any patriot

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Happy wrote:
eskimo wrote: But who will represent England in this dark hour!?

after watching you wipe the floor with orb I feel its up to you to carry the British colors into battle! Go and fight, the queen commands it.

replay plz

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Happy wrote: Happy will have to pull out :(
Cancel that shit the man is back and here for brilliance. Apologies for the inconvenience

Orb

Post by Orb »

You don't want that replay Whocares, I just ran into pillboxes the entire game, lol.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

I think Orb was messing about tbf.

And WB Happy.

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

This sounds like a great idea for a tournament!
If there's still a slot available, count me in!
Loving the backstory and flavour text you put together :)

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Added! Yes, unlimited people can sign up but in the week before the tournament a selection will be made where the top 12 players (so it seems) will be accepted.

Kwendy

Post by Kwendy »

Such a simple rule as new shrouded map and so many tactical possibilities...
I want to see someone going for cheeseplay with disoriented opponent. Or at least gren APC rush with doggo souting advantage.
Anyway would be fun to watch.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Code: Select all

[INCOMING TRANSMISSION] GOOD NEWS! We have recieved additional government funding, $50! With the funds we are able to set up a 2nd division and hire some expertise. We've decided to hire Professor Kügelschreiber. He is a little goofy and looks like the kind of guy who ends up being the evil genius, but we will conveniently ignore that as he is a brilliant mathmatician and an avid volleyballplayer - just what we need!

Lately our research is making progress, allthough we are still trying to find the right approach. We've placed some YAML-files in the X-ray scanner and found some very unusual clusters with high concetrations of actors. Sofar no direct evidence for the existence of a 16th Dark map, but it's promising.
Also it should be mentioned that something out of the ordinary happened a couple weeks ago. One of our collegues at the Analytical Department cooked some LUA dry and accidently inhaled some of the fumes. The days after he had a bewilderd look in his eyes and said that he was able to play TD for hours on end!

Anyway, got to go. It's Friday and eversince the incident at the Analytical Department we quit early on Fridays and have some ehr, as we call it, LUA-fun. [END OF TRANSMISSION]
OP soon to be updated: SoScared added $50 to the prizepool for the 2nd Division, which is great! (and thanks to Wippie for offering!)
Also together with SoScared we have decided against anonymous players. The idea adds extra mindfuck, but it also increases the chance that something goes wrong and costs extra organisatorial effort. So let's not overstretch it and see how it plays as is first.
Last edited by noobmapmaker on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Volleyball ay 8)