TD Prototype Swiss Tournament

Monday 10th July @ 17:00/5:00pm UTC

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

We are only limited by amount of servers we have available but I don't think that's going to be the issue.

(I've talked with jazz.)
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

anjew

Post by anjew »

Doomsday wrote: Changed the time of the tournament to one hour earlier because time zones are hard.
also I personally would love it if this was pushed back bit earlier. 5pm UTC is 3am Aus.

Kwendy

Post by Kwendy »

Might as well join. Hope wov't be issues with being on time =_=
Faction: any.

GDave

Re: TD Prototype Swiss Tournament

Post by GDave »

Nice one Doomsday.
Count me and Lucy in - both random factions.I should be around, but Lucy may have to leave early.

The details at the bottom of the image are unclear, so it took me a while to work out what time it's on. I suggest to repeat those details on prominent text below the image.

Also, I don't get this bit (won't there be no non-banned, unplayed maps left after round one?):
Doomsday wrote: Then players take in turns eliminating maps from the map pool until there is just one map left. Last remaining map will be played for game one.

For games after first game, loser of previous game gets to pick the map to be played next. However, he cannot choose a map banned before game one. Also, no map can be played twice.

mechANIC

Post by mechANIC »

If it's still open - count me in - NOD.

Borgmo

Post by Borgmo »

Hope i'm not late

Random Faction

JAW0M

Post by JAW0M »

Me too plz, NOD

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

Everyone who registered for the tournament has been added in original post. If you applied but your name is missing, make some noice.

I'm getting hyped. Tournament is tomorrow. 13 players signed up so far. I am going to keep registration still open but lock max player size for 16 players.

Couple of pointers for players and those looking forward to watch the tournament. Tournament starts 17:00/5:00pm UTC. That is one hour earlier than Monday streams normally. Me and ZxGanon will start streaming 16:00/4:00pm UTC and that is good opportunity to get some warmup games for the tourney. Most likely we will use ZxGanon's twitch but I will post more information about that later.

@Players: As explained in the original post, we will be using Discord for logistics for the tournament. Click this link to join the discord channel we are using.
discord.gg/2MtcMwY

If you didn't read the entire original post of the thread, please do so. It has explanation of tournament structure and rules. If you signed up for the tournament, you should be online on Discord and on OpenRA Swiss Tournaments server at the starting time of the event (17:00/5:00pm UTC). At that time I will check if anyone's missing and announce brackets for first round.

Until tomorrow.
-Sun Tzu

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

I haven't played a td game in 4 month, is it possible to be matched up with someone who has no clue how to play it as well so we can be both bad and enjoy our mutual mediocrity ?

I'm not kidding,; I even considere a flamer rush !

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

WhoCares wrote: I haven't played a td game in 4 month, is it possible to be matched up with someone who has no clue how to play it as well so we can be both bad and enjoy our mutual mediocrity ?

I'm not kidding,; I even considere a flamer rush !
I know you are kidding but anyway..
Doomsday wrote: For round 1 players get paired against random players.
Also, when you lose round 1, you will be paired against equally bad player who also lost round 1. ;)
-Sun Tzu

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

sounds great, I look forward the second round then !

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

I guess everyone would like to have some warm ups.

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

First round is starting in 1h 45 minutes. Stream starting in 45 minutes for casual games of TD.
https://www.twitch.tv/zxganon_
-Sun Tzu

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Give an upvote for visibility:
https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconq ... ournament/

https://www.reddit.com/r/esports/commen ... prototype/

Dont forget to post to the OpenRA subreddit!
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

GDave

Post by GDave »

Hi! Unfortunately, Lucy and I spent longer than planned up England's highest mountain, so we won't make it (we won't be back until almost 7pm UT), so please remove us from the pool. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I'll be eagerly watching the remaining games when home and perhaps I can join Ganon on stream.

glhf to all competitors