Hecthor Doomhammer's Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (tm) 2017

View page 6 for all videos!

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer's Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (tm) 2017

Post by Hecthor Doomhammer »

[align=center]Image[/align]

Greetings Commanders and Generals,

The past year has been long, filled with random skirmishes and squabbles, with many victories, but also many losses.
However this is mere child's play compared to what I have in store for you all.

This July first at 10:00 GMT I will kick off the second edition of the Hecthor Doomhammer Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (â„¢) where 16 players will wage war on 12 worlds to decide who is destined to be the supreme 1vs1 champion of 2017 and walk away with the First Prize Money.
Can last year’s champion, Gatekeeper, keep his current reign, or will someone else rise to the occasion?

This year we have a full bracket of 16 players, as well as 5 reserves, which can be viewed here.

Note that this bracket is no longer up for change, unless it’s for substitutes.

Now onto some rules and settings:

Timeframe:

- The entire Tournament will be held on the first 2 weekends of July 2017. Meaning Saturday July 1st, Sunday July 2nd, Saturday July 8th and Sunday July 9th.
- The starting time for each day, is 10:00 AM GMT
- The livestreams will start approx. At 9:30 AM GMT
- The First Round and 2nd Round bracket are split between Saturday July 1st and Sunday July 2nd.
Match 1, 2, 3, 4 of the First Round and Match 9 and 10 of the 2nd round will be held on Saturday July 1st.
Match 5, 6, 7, 8 of the First Round and Match 11 and 12 of the 2nd Round will be held on Sunday July 2nd.
- The Semi Finals will be held on Saturday July 8th
- The Bronze Match and Finals will be held on Sunday July 9th, with the Bronze Match being the first.

- Matches are “scheduled†to last 1 hour in the first and 2nd round.
- Players are expected to be present at least 30 minutes before their “scheduled†time.
- The Tournament Host and officials will wait a maximum of 15 minutes after the “scheduled start†of a match for both players to show up.
- For the First Round, should a player fail to show up after the 15 minutes, the first reserve will take his place.The reserve taking the absent player’s place will play the entire tournament. The absent player is disqualified.
- After the First Round, should a player fail to show up, no reserve will take his place and the opponent advances automatically. The absent player is disqualified

Maps and Settings:

- Standard map settings, meaning Shroud off, Crates off, Normal Speed, 5K start, Short Game, etc.

- The Map Pool: Coming standard with the 20170527 Hotfix:
- Behind The Veil
- Desert Rats
- Dual Cold Front
- Green Belt
- Keep Off The Grass 2
- North West Passage
- Ore Lord
- Siberian Pass
- Side Step
- Snow off
- Warwind
- Winterstorm

- The player on top of the bracket picks Map 1 in Best of 3, Maps 1 and 3 in Best of 5 and Maps 1, 3 and 5 in Best of 7
- The player on the bottom of the bracket picks Map 2 in Best of 2, Maps 2 and 4 in Best of 5 and Maps 2, 4 and 6 in Best of 7.
- Map 3 in Best of 3, Map 5 in Best of 5 and Map 7 in Best of 7 will be picked by Hecthor Doomhammer via Random.org

Rules of the Rounds:

This tournament would not be a Hecthor Doomhammer Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (â„¢) if there would not be different rules determining which countries a player can and cannot select.
Here are the Rules of Engagement per round, as well as the length of the rounds:

Round 1: Free (Bo3)
Players are completely free to pick which country they want. Even Any, Any (Soviets or Any (Allies)

Round 2: Random (Bo5)
Players are forced to pick Any. Not any specific country, nor Any (Soviets) or Any (Allies) .

Semi Finals: Mirror (Bo5)
Player 1 selects the map for the 1st AND 2nd match, both are free to pick their country or Any. Player 1 also selects on which side he starts for the first match.
2nd match players will play on the same map, but switch places on the map, as well as switch countries.
3rd match player 2 selects the map, both players select a different country than the 2 that were just played. Player 2 now gets to select on which side of the map he starts.
For match 4 they switch places on the same map and countries again.
5th map I pick through RNG if need be, players pick which ever country they want, but do pick their starting positions
(example posted here )

Bronze Match & Finals: Stronk (Bo7)
Players are forced to pick the 1 country they deem they are strongest with. Any, any (Soviets) and Any (Allies) cannot be picked

Additional Rules:

- Respect your opponent. Disrespecting your opponent CAN result in disqualification.
- Respect the Tournament Officials. Disrespecting the Tournament Officials WILL result in disqualification.
- If you have to pause the game, you have 5 seconds to explain why. DO NOT use the pause to micro your forces. We will notice if you do, resulting in disqualification.
- GG is Game Over. Don’t call GG and continue playing, unless it is to give your opponent the chance to finish you off with honor. Calling GG, continuing to play and beating your opponent will result in your loss.
- When not playing, but watching the livestream on Twitch, the channel’s twitch rules are in order.

Prize Pool:

At the moment of writing this, the current Prize Pool is sitting at €250

1st Place Winner gets €135
2nd Place Winner gets €75
3rd Place Winner gets €50
4th Place gets €10

As a bonus, SoScared has offered a Guaranteed Masters Division spot in the next season of the RA:GL in case the Winner of this Tournament does not already compete in the RA:GL Masters Division in S4
In case that the winner does already compete in the RA:GL Masters Division in S4, this prize is not handed out at all.

Prize Pool donators
CCCP21: €50
Wippie: €35
SoScared: €30
NoobMapMaker: €25
Corrode: €25
Fiveaces: €20
.1: €20
hbCyber: €10
Hecthor Doomhammer: €45

Other Info:

- The entire event will be livestreamed on My channel on Twitch.tv .
- Co-Commentators: FiveAces, Jazz_KCS and SoScared (although not present for the entire event).
- Tournament Host: Hecthor Doomhammer.
- Tournament Officials: FiveAces, Jazz_KCS and SoScared.
- Technical Support & Mumble Server Host: Jazz_KCS
- Tournament Officials and Tournament Hosts are the only people allowed to Spectate.
- Each match-up will have its own Password, meaning that only the players of said match-up and the Tournament officials can enter the lobby. Passwords will be sent to the players via sleipnir’s Forum PM system.
- The bracket seed has been slightly manipulated, but only so that players don't have to wake up at 4:00 in the morning their time. this only was the case for WhoCares and Orb.
While Smitty also lives in a less favorable timezone, he doesn't mind the early match

Good luck and have fun!
Last edited by Hecthor Doomhammer on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 49 times in total.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Sign me up :D

I would suggest removing Singles, Snow Off and Polar Disorder from the map pool though.
Good editions to swap them with would be River Crossing and Shadowfiend
And most of all: Pitfight!!!!

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Sign me up.

flamewh33l

signing up

Post by flamewh33l »

hey Doomy,

from what i've gathered of being an ORA player is to be a glutton for punishment. so i'd like to sign up again from last time, i just hope this time i'll be able to be better than i did last time. XD

let's hope everyone will have fun. :D

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

I wanna join but i'm not sure if we have any plans for those times, so i'll say something more clear before end of registrations.
- Connection issues are NOT a reason to postpone your match. We will give a 15 minute maximum technical support. If after 15 minutes the connection is not fixed, the player has to forfeit.
Hopefully this won't cause a problem again (it did last year, i remember), my internet is annoyingly unsable, it sometimes work pretty fine, sometimes go pretty bad.

Also July 9th is my birthday, would be a cool birthday gift for me if i can win something out of this.

Hecthor Doomhammer

MustaphaTR wrote: I wanna join but i'm not sure if we have any plans for those times, so i'll say something more clear before end of registrations.
- Connection issues are NOT a reason to postpone your match. We will give a 15 minute maximum technical support. If after 15 minutes the connection is not fixed, the player has to forfeit.
Hopefully this won't cause a problem again (it did last year, i remember), my internet is annoyingly unsable, it sometimes work pretty fine, sometimes go pretty bad.

Also July 9th is my birthday, would be a cool birthday gift for me if i can win something out of this.
So do you want me to put you on the list or not?

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: So do you want me to put you on the list or not?
I took some look at the calendar and talked with my dad, i should be OK to join at that times, so write me in.

Hecthor Doomhammer

MustaphaTR wrote:
Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: So do you want me to put you on the list or not?
I took some look at the calendar and talked with my dad, i should be OK to join at that times, so write me in.
Will do!

Lorrydriver

Post by Lorrydriver »

Alright, sign me up!

Orb

Post by Orb »

Ooof, 6 am start time.

But I'll still sign up. :)

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Count me in.
"Do not trust the balance tzars (Smitty, Orb). They are making the changes either for the wrong reasons, for no reason at all, or just because they can and it makes them feel good." - Alex Jones

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Write me in on the tournament-will-now-happen-threshold spot :)

Hecthor Doomhammer

Done!

As it stands now, there is a guaranteed tournament on a smaller scale!
LKet's get up to 16 Places, everybody!

ADDED TO THE FIRST POST:
Even if we reach 16 Players before June 23rd, registration remains open and all players that sign up after the 16th slot is filled up, will be put on the reserves list
And announcement video!

mechANIC

Post by mechANIC »

Count me in.

Gatekeeper

Post by Gatekeeper »

Gatekeeper reporting in for Title Defending Duty

Come at me commanders :P