Hecthor Doomhammer's Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (tm) 2017

View page 6 for all videos!

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Hecthor Doomhammer

Post by Hecthor Doomhammer »

WhoCares wrote:
Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: CCCP21
Ok, that's a nickname worth knowing the meaning/origin/reason/WTFdoesthatmean.
She was born in Russia (now lives in Slovakia)

Added OmegaBotl to the Reserves

Hecthor Doomhammer

Another generous donation, this time by Corrode of €25
Now putting the Total Prize Pool at a whopping €250

People can still sign up as I am still hoping to reach a total of 32 players, so that this tournament becomes twice as big as intended!

You have until This upcoming Friday, June 23th 23:59 CET!!!
Everything until 31 means it will be the standard 16 players, with the rest as reserves.
ONLY once 32 players are reached will I hold the BIG tournament, which will most likely cover 4 weekends in July!!!

I think some explenation is mandatory here.

The original 16 that have signed up will be playing according to schedule. July 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th. This is 1 bracket
if we get 32 players, the other 16 will be scheduled in the 2 weekends that follow, This is the other bracket that doesn't exist yet.
The ultimate finals and bronze match between the finalists of both backets will be held either in the last weekend, or the weekend after.
Last edited by Hecthor Doomhammer on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

You mean July :p

I'll happily play to boost numbers to 32. Just wasn't interested in the original pool of 16 due to skill gap and taking someone else's spot who's more up there. But next 16 would seem more reasonable. -if we get there ofc.

Hecthor Doomhammer

With only 8 days remaining before my OpenRA Tournament starts, tomorrow, June 23rd will be your LAST CHANCE to sign up! Know that the prize pool has increased to a whopping €250!!! And of course don't forget about the added prize of the Possible RA:GL Masters Seed for Season 4!
While we already have 16 players and a few reserves, I would still love to see this tournament reach 32 players!
For this occasion, I will be holding 1 last hype up stream of OpenRA's Red Alert starting tomorrow, June 23rd at 18:00 GMT / 20:00 CET and I will go until MIDNIGHT as Registration for the tournament closes then! So this is really your last chance to sign up.
If we don\t make 32 players, the Tournament will go between the 16 that signed up early. The rest will just be reserves.

Read up on the Tournament and SIGN UP TODAY, because after the stream ends, so will the registration. If you're 1 minute late, you're too late!

[url=https://goo.gl/9QKNAw]The clock is ticking!

See you all on my channel on Twitch!

jvk

Post by jvk »

Sign me up, every player counts if we wanna reach 32! :)

Hecthor Doomhammer

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED/

Looks like we have a 16 people Tournament after all!

The other people will be reserves in case some one doesn't show up

Hecthor Doomhammer

PARTICIPANTS: CHECK YOUR PM!

Before I'll get around the actual seeding for the Tournament, I have sent a PM on the forum to all Participants with several questions.

ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM AND RESPOND! Without a response I will just go ahead with the scheduling.

On Wednesday I want to present the final bracket

Mo

Post by Mo »

What are the game option rules?

Will maps be explored?

Hecthor Doomhammer

That all will be announced on Wednesday, along with the final bracket

Hecthor Doomhammer

[align=center]Image[/align]

Greetings Commanders and Generals,

The past year has been long, filled with random skirmishes and squabbles, with many victories, but also many losses.
However this is mere child's play compared to what I have in store for you all.

This July first at 10:00 GMT I will kick off the second edition of the Hecthor Doomhammer Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (â„¢) where 16 players will wage war on 12 worlds to decide who is destined to be the supreme 1vs1 champion of 2017 and walk away with the First Prize Money.
Can last year’s champion, Gatekeeper, keep his current reign, or will someone else rise to the occasion?

This year we have a full bracket of 16 players, as well as 5 reserves, which can be viewed here.

Note that this bracket is no longer up for change, unless it’s for substitutes.

Now onto some rules and settings:

Timeframe:

- The entire Tournament will be held on the first 2 weekends of July 2017. Meaning Saturday July 1st, Sunday July 2nd, Saturday July 8th and Sunday July 9th.
- The starting time for each day, is 10:00 AM GMT
- The livestreams will start approx. At 9:30 AM GMT
- The First Round and 2nd Round bracket are split between Saturday July 1st and Sunday July 2nd.
Match 1, 2, 3, 4 of the First Round and Match 9 and 10 of the 2nd round will be held on Saturday July 1st.
Match 5, 6, 7, 8 of the First Round and Match 11 and 12 of the 2nd Round will be held on Sunday July 2nd.
- The Semi Finals will be held on Saturday July 8th
- The Bronze Match and Finals will be held on Sunday July 9th, with the Bronze Match being the first.

- Matches are “scheduled†to last 1 hour in the first and 2nd round.
- Players are expected to be present at least 30 minutes before their “scheduled†time.
- The Tournament Host and officials will wait a maximum of 15 minutes after the “scheduled start†of a match for both players to show up.
- For the First Round, should a player fail to show up after the 15 minutes, the first reserve will take his place.The reserve taking the absent player’s place will play the entire tournament. The absent player is disqualified.
- After the First Round, should a player fail to show up, no reserve will take his place and the opponent advances automatically. The absent player is disqualified

Maps and Settings:

- Standard map settings, meaning Shroud off, Crates off, Normal Speed, 5K start, Short Game, etc.

- The Map Pool: Coming standard with the 20170527 Hotfix:
- Behind The Veil
- Desert Rats
- Dual Cold Front
- Green Belt
- Keep Off The Grass 2
- North West Passage
- Ore Lord
- Siberian Pass
- Side Step
- Snow off
- Warwind
- Winterstorm

- The player on top of the bracket picks Map 1 in Best of 3, Maps 1 and 3 in Best of 5 and Maps 1, 3 and 5 in Best of 7
- The player on the bottom of the bracket picks Map 2 in Best of 2, Maps 2 and 4 in Best of 5 and Maps 2, 4 and 6 in Best of 7.
- Map 3 in Best of 3, Map 5 in Best of 5 and Map 7 in Best of 7 will be picked by Hecthor Doomhammer via Random.org

Rules of the Rounds:

This tournament would not be a Hecthor Doomhammer Red Alert 1vs1 Tournament (â„¢) if there would not be different rules determining which countries a player can and cannot select.
Here are the Rules of Engagement per round, as well as the length of the rounds:

Round 1: Free (Bo3)
Players are completely free to pick which country they want. Even Any, Any (Soviets or Any (Allies)

Round 2: Random (Bo5)
Players are forced to pick Any. Not any specific country, nor Any (Soviets) or Any (Allies) .

Semi Finals: Mirror (5 matches, winner determined by Bo5)
Players are forced into 5 mirror matches, 1 for each country. Despite the fact the winner is determined in a Best of 5 scenario, all 5 matches will be played.
The order of countries: France - Ukraine - England - Russia - Germany

Bronze Match & Finals: Stronk (Bo7)
Players are forced to pick the 1 country they deem they are strongest with. Any, any (Soviets) and Any (Allies) cannot be picked

Additional Rules:

- Respect your opponent. Disrespecting your opponent CAN result in disqualification.
- Respect the Tournament Officials. Disrespecting the Tournament Officials WILL result in disqualification.
- If you have to pause the game, you have 5 seconds to explain why. DO NOT use the pause to micro your forces. We will notice if you do, resulting in disqualification.
- GG is Game Over. Don’t call GG and continue playing, unless it is to give your opponent the chance to finish you off with honor. Calling GG, continuing to play and beating your opponent will result in your loss.
- When not playing, but watching the livestream on Twitch, the channel’s twitch rules are in order.

Prize Pool:

At the moment of writing this, the current Prize Pool is sitting at €250

1st Place Winner gets €125
2nd Place Winner gets €75
3rd Place Winner gets €50

As a bonus, SoScared has offered a Guaranteed Masters Division spot in the next season of the RA:GL in case the Winner of this Tournament does not already compete in the RA:GL Masters Division in S4
In case that the winner does already compete in the RA:GL Masters Division in S4, this prize is not handed out at all.

Prize Pool donators
CCCP21: €50
Wippie: €35
SoScared: €30
NoobMapMaker: €25
Corrode: €25
Fiveaces: €20
.1: €20
Hecthor Doomhammer: €45

Other Info:

- The entire event will be livestreamed on My channel on Twitch.tv .
- Co-Commentators: FiveAces, Jazz_KCS and SoScared (although not present for the entire event).
- Tournament Host: Hecthor Doomhammer.
- Tournament Officials: FiveAces, Jazz_KCS and SoScared.
- Technical Support & Mumble Server Host: Jazz_KCS
- Tournament Officials and Tournament Hosts are the only people allowed to Spectate.
- Each match-up will have its own Password, meaning that only the players of said match-up and the Tournament officials can enter the lobby. Passwords will be sent to the players via sleipnir’s Forum PM system.

Good luck and have fun!

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Great line up! In the first rounds every match is allready top notch.

Good luck & have fun all!!!
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

Hecthor Doomhammer

After some discussion with several players, I am going to make 1 last minute adjustments to the set up of the SEMI FINALS

Player 1 selects the map for the 1st AND 2nd match, both are free to pick their country or Any. Player 1 also selects on which side he starts for the first match.
2nd match players will play on the same map, but switch places on the map, as well as switch countries.
3rd match player 2 selects the map, both players select a different country than the 2 that were just played. Player 2 now gets to select on which side of the map he starts.
For match 4 they switch places on the same map and countries again.
5th map I pick through RNG if need be, players pick which ever country they want, but do pick their starting positions

Example:

Me (p1) vs Flamewh33l.(p2)

I pick Warwind as map, I pick the left side, as Ukraine. Flamweh33l picks England on the right side for the first match. (he wins)
For the second match, we play on Warwind again, but I play as England on the right side and Flamewh33l plays as Ukraine on the left side. (i win)
For the 3rd match Flamewh33l picks Sidestep, plays as Russia on the left and I pick Germany on the right. (he wins)
For the 4th match, once again on Sidestep, I now play as Russia on the left side, Flamewh33l plays as Germany on the right side.
For the 5th match, Random.org picks Ore Lord, I pick Any, get England, rng puts me on the right side. Flamewh33l picks France and rng thus puts him on the right side.

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

Before anyone asks, and before there are any complaints in-tourny:

Passwords are only there to act as the first layer of protection against unwanted spectators. And with unwanted spectators I mean EVERYBODY (except the two battling contestants + officials). In order to guarantee a smooth ride, there will be NO exceptions.

I repeat: NO SPECTATORS (besides tournament officials) are allowed.

Contestants as well as casual viewers are meant to watch the stream instead, when they are not playing themselves.
Last edited by jaZz_KCS on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

I'll come check out the stream live on Sunday as am busy Saturday.

But can you make the video on twitch available for after watching too?

Thanks DH.

Good luck all!

Hecthor Doomhammer

eskimo wrote: I'll come check out the stream live on Sunday as am busy Saturday.

But can you make the video on twitch available for after watching too?

Thanks DH.

Good luck all!
Just like last year, I will edit and upload all matches to Youtube.
However, compared to last year, I don't have a week off from work, and I work a lot more hours in the day, so it's going to take a lot longer before all videos are on Youtube.