Vote for the Play of the Season 2

And the winner is....

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.

What was the best play of the RAGL season 2?

Poll ended at Sun May 14, 2017 11:51 am

#1 Kyrylo - Chronotank micro & unit preservation
33%
#2 Medium Tank - Mining off enemies ore patches with funny results
13%
#3 Smitty - Comeback
33%
#4 Gatekeeper - Risky MCV movement that payed off
13%
#5 Wee Man - Comeback
7%
#6 Gatekeeper - Winning the game by killing a harvester at the right time and place
No votes

Total votes: 15

noobmapmaker

Vote for the Play of the Season 2

Post by noobmapmaker »

Allright everyone, we wanted to get this out earlier but we both had things keeping us busy. This eventually resulted in alot of delay and me doing the commentary. But the nominees deserve to see a winner. So here's the video & poll to pick the RAGL S02 winner!

Welcome to the poll to pick the Play of the Season of the RAGL S02

Every season I hope to gather the best plays and games. It's nice content and a bit of honour to those who entertain us and those who keep fighting in their games/the league when things look bad. The play of the season can be anything that was good: excellent micro of units, revolutionary use of units, something funny, a good comeback or just a really entertaining game.

The poll will be open for 7 days (until Sunday 14th of May 13:00 GMT) and anyone can vote. The nominee with the most votes will win $20. If we suspect brigading we will cancel the poll and pick a winner by jury.

Link to the video with the six nominees

Btw a couple mistakes in the commentary: Orb is currently leading in the minionleague and Lucasss didn't win against FiveAces, as he doesn't play in the Master league.
Last edited by noobmapmaker on Mon May 15, 2017 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

*bump for visibility*

If you haven´t voted yet... go ahead! :)

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

I would like to thank you for your work on all these nice RAGL-enhancing events. They already have become an essential part of the League !
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Thanks! Its fun to do! And it´s great to see this game from childhood actually becoming an esport that is great to watch.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

The voting has come to and end! We have two winners!

Kyrylo and Smitty both recieved 5 votes, splitting the win. Both will recieve $10!

We've got a couple options:
1) You guys send me your PayPal details and I transfer the $'s and you guys book that vacation you've been planning for a long time.

or..
2) You guys don't settle for less and play a 1v1 on a map you both agree on, to decide once and for all who is the winner of the play of the season. Plan it together and post the replay here on the forum.

If either of you goes for option 1) then 2) becomes obsolete and prices will be paid. Let me know!

No time for the game, alas! So PM me your PayPal account details.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

> Kyrylo donated $10 to OpenRA -> transfered
> Transfered $10 to Smitty
Last edited by noobmapmaker on Thu May 18, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Well shoot, looks like I missed my chance to challenge someone to a winner-take-all match on BIGGER MAP.

Congrats to Kyrylo and thanks to Noobmapmaker for putting this on.

This is my first time to win money playing a video game. Guess I’m officially pro now. Between this and RAGL I’ll be able to pay for grad school in no time. :D
"Do not trust the balance tzars (Smitty, Orb). They are making the changes either for the wrong reasons, for no reason at all, or just because they can and it makes them feel good." - Alex Jones

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

Smitty wrote: This is my first time to win money playing a video game. Guess I’m officially pro now. Between this and RAGL I’ll be able to pay for grad school in no time. :D
No need to study you pro gamer now.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu