D2K tournament

some fast D2K tournament (yeah, russia plays D2K too)

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
mechANIC

D2K tournament

Post by mechANIC »

Hello, guys.

I'm quite new to this community of OpenRA players. Just join Recruits and other stuff.

As you already know we play OpenRA in Russia too. Moreover we have some fast tournies.
So I want to promote an open D2K tournament. It'll be held on March, 25 for a whole day (like from 10:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC).
The administrator of this tournament is Kochevnik (one of the OpenRA streamers mentioned in Streamers' topic here).
Tournament page located here: https://goodgame.ru/cup/5173/
If you have problems with language/translation or questions about rules you can freely ask me (here or by discord) or Kochevnik (on twitch or youtube).

Thanks for reading. Detailed description of tournament page is below.

P.S. We have a prize pool. Now it contains 900 Rub (~15 $).
P.P.S. Also tournament will be live casted by Kochevnk (https://www.twitch.tv/stepnyak)

Here is detailed description of Tournament page:
Third Russian D2K tournament.
Map pool and full rules will be published like a week before tournament.
In order to participate you need to register on that site and join the tournie.
On T-day you must confirm registration an hour before start (13:00 UTC +3).

Rules and map pool update:
It'll be Double Elimination (don't trust what tournie page says - it's buggy)
Because of better balancing and playability Tournament will be held on playtest (04.03.2017) version of OpenRA (thanks for SoScared for that advice).

List of maps:
- Side step Dune
- the Duell
- Death Depths
- Stupid Rage
- Lost Outpost
- Warm Worm War
- The Guardians
- Spice Greed
- Cliff Maze

Link to tournament edition of maps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Ilo ... 2dfR2lsVXM

First map for every stage is specified below:
Maps for next games must be loserpicked.

Loser's (Bottom) Bracket -
1\16 - Stupid Rage
1\8 - Cliffmaze
1\4 - Side step Dune
1\2 - Lost Outpost
Loser's Finals - the Guardians
Loser's Grand Finals - Death Depths

Winner's (Upper) Bracket -
1\16 - Lost Outpost
1\8 - Spice Greed
1\4 - Warm Worm War
1\2 - the Guardians
Winner's Finals - Side step Dune
Winner's Grand Finals- Stupid Rage

Up to 1/2 - best of 3 (3 games, 2 wins)
1/2 and Finals (including Loser's Grand) - best of 3
Winner's Grand Finals - best of 5 (5 games, 3 wins)

Settings
- explored map
- short game
- fog of war
- build off
- worms on
Cash=5000
start units=mcv only
tech level=unrestricted
speed=faster
palyer's color = red and blue

Please, consider behavior rules below:

To ensure Kochevnik's mental stability during the Tournament, please, keep your registration and game nicks same.
No in-game observers are allowed (because of lag abuse), except streamers (registered on tournie's page) and an official judge. Streamers obliged to use time delay for their streams, 2 minutes are enough.
Any intentional bug use will be penalised. In case of accidental use any conflict of interests will be resolved by a judge.
In case of any conflict of interests there's ONE official attempt ro resolve it by players theirselves. If they won't succeed fate of the game will be decided by a judge.
In case of disagreement with judge's decision each of last 4 players of the tournament may ask for a viewers' decision once. If viewers choose different outcome - a judge will accept it.
Any player has a total of 5 break minutes per a stage. 1/2 and all of the Finals' players my have a 5 minute break every game. In case of exciding the limit or any other delay - a judge may penalise a violator.
Please, be friendly with each other, any harm actions done may be penalised by a judge which includes warnings, penalties and/or tournament's ban (worm's feeding also in package) .
Last edited by mechANIC on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 15 times in total.

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

12-13:00 to 18-22:00
For which Timezone? I may try to join but i'm not sure if time really fits to me.

mechANIC

Post by mechANIC »

MustaphaTR wrote:
12-13:00 to 18-22:00
For which Timezone? I may try to join but i'm not sure if time really fits to me.
Yeah sorry about that, 9-10:00 UTC to 15-18:00 UTC.

For example, our last RA tournament which hosts 16 players, Double Elimination, with bo3 up to semifinals, bo5 semifinals and bo7 finals, lasts from 10:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Neat! I followed Kochevnik's previous D2K tournament and it was great fun despite the language barrier.

The next release will probably be out after the start of this tournament (March 25th) but Kochevnik might wanna consider using the latest playtest (if stable) at that date - compared to the current release D2K has a great many fixes available: https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/C ... #dune-2000 plus some additional maps seem to be added still with the next playtest/release.

Could you perhaps translate https://goodgame.ru/cup/5173/ straight to your OP? Would be nice with the details and perhaps someone from here could easier join up with the tournament.

mechANIC

Post by mechANIC »

As far as I know Kochevnik - he always plays on stable but changes are nice. As for maps - we have some nice mapmaker named S.D.- i think Chukki plateau would be a good addition to the current RAGL mappool xD.

Thanks for advices.

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

mechANIC wrote: As far as I know Kochevnik - he always plays on stable but changes are nice. As for maps - we have some nice mapmaker named S.D.- i think Chukki plateau would be a good addition to the current RAGL mappool xD.

Thanks for advices.
Indeed it seems promising.

--> http://resource.openra.net/maps/16592/

Good to see another D2K tournament happening. That mod surely needs some love. Also code-wise :D
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--

mechANIC

Post by mechANIC »

All hail the Muad'dib.

We got our first foreign participant: MustaphaTR joined Fedaykins and will fight for a Muad'dib's honor on March, 25.
Last edited by mechANIC on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED

Kochevnik

Post by Kochevnik »

Hi guys)

So I reveal rules and maps for tourney.
The translatiion will come from mechANIC, thx for this, man)

About money, for now it's only about 15$.
But the system of goodgame.ru let the people and viewers put they own money, and they usualy do.
So...for example, last tourney for OpenRA ends with 75$ prizes, which is not bad at all, I think)

Anyway, have a question - ask me or mechANIC)

ANd of course, all gamers welcome!))

P.S.
Just end enjoying of new TS mod on playtest....oh my god, they fix borrowing and highground.....^^

Kochevnik

Post by Kochevnik »

Ou!
ANd for playtest. Maybe I will make tourney on it, but only maybe....
Cause "stable" version crushes a lot recently.

mechANIC

Post by mechANIC »

Addeed rules, map pool and translation of the Tournament page

mechANIC

Post by mechANIC »

Yesterday Kochevnik tested playtest version and made a decision to play that version. So I updated the Tournament rules.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

mechANIC wrote: Yesterday Kochevnik tested playtest version and made a decision to play that version. So I updated the Tournament rules.
Fantastic!

If possible I'm sure the devs would be delighted to have some feedback on it during or after the tournament. It's a rare opportunity for D2K. Perhaps starting a new thread or using this thread post-tournament.

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

Ok, i registered but i just remembered but i may not be available on 25th but can't say something clear, i'll try to join. On 20th it'll be clear so i can say something clear.

But to be honest i doN't think i'll be happen on weekend so it is really low change that i won't be able to attend the tournament. The thing is that i had an Operation on November last year. Kemotherpy will start soon, Doctors will decide what exactly to do on 20th and inform us for start day. This will possibly only be a 1 day trip.

But i think those Hospital stuff can't be on weekend.

Kwendy

Post by Kwendy »

The system is automated, so if you won't be in time to confirm registration in the day of tournament (1hour margin) it'll kick you out.
And don't fret so much, there is always several players missing.