International Matches. Fight for the pride of your nation!

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Chimpo

International Matches. Fight for the pride of your nation!

Post by Chimpo »

I'd like to see countrymen pitted against each other, either casually or less casually in a league format to see who is the best (cough *UK*). I reckon it would be fun and spice up the team game scene.

Anyone want to organize it, set it up.??.

Edit: Not sure how we would do it, maybe some sort of average score, so 3 points for a win for any team from that nation. That way many teams from one nation could represent. The downside being one match might not amount to much, stake wise. Or just do a big league then sort by nation at the end. idk. Ideas?

Edit 2: I'm thinking the way to do it, would be with squads, say of 6, you then 3v3 games, with any of the players, also increase chances of getting games. To maintain some integrity, we'll 'verify' people by location, so at least you have to be in the country you want to represent. Teams can play home and away, the 'home' side gets to pick the map,
Last edited by Chimpo on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

zinc

Post by zinc »

You hardly ever see good asian players for some reason... Maybe they don't know the original so much.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Me and GDave will lead the royal britania into battle. We've been hard practising for this very thing.

JOo

Post by JOo »

FiveAces and MicroBit

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Should i defend Belgium ? Paraguay ? Both ?

Anyway, neiother would be glorious.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Would it be more authentic if west Europeans take on Russians/Ukrainians?

Not much of a contest but it's Red Alert...

zinc

Post by zinc »

I like the OP idea by the way. It's exactly the kind of rabid nationalism we should be trying to promote!

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

What to do with a drunken ORA player...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

A soviet vs allied tournament sounds fun.

Wippie

Re: International Matches. Fight for the pride of your natio

Post by Wippie »

Chimpo wrote: I'd like to see countrymen pitted against each other, either casually or less casually in a league format to see who is the best (cough *UK*). I reckon it would be fun and spice up the team game scene.

Edit: Not sure how we would do it, maybe some sort of average score, so 3 points for a win for any team from that nation. That way many teams from one nation could represent. The downside being one match might not amount to much, stake wise. Or just do a big league then sort by nation at the end. idk. Ideas?

Edit 2: I'm thinking the way to do it, would be with squads, say of 6, you then 3v3 games, with any of the players, also increase chances of getting games. To maintain some integrity, we'll 'verify' people by location, so at leat you have to be in the country you want to represent. Teams can play home and away, the 'home' side gets to pick the map,

I think you can save yourself the trouble and ship the pricemoney directly to Holland. It ain't much if it ain't Dutch.

Ontopic: North America vs Europe vs Sovjets (EURASIA) vs Oceania does sound nice.

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

I hope there's a Swiss team with heavy cheese.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

Chimpo

Re: International Matches. Fight for the pride of your natio

Post by Chimpo »

Wippie wrote:
Chimpo wrote: I'd like to see countrymen pitted against each other, either casually or less casually in a league format to see who is the best (cough *UK*). I reckon it would be fun and spice up the team game scene.

Edit 2: I'm thinking the way to do it, would be with squads, say of 6, you then 3v3 games, with any of the players, also increase chances of getting games. To maintain some integrity, we'll 'verify' people by location, so at leat you have to be in the country you want to represent. Teams can play home and away, the 'home' side gets to pick the map,

I think you can save yourself the trouble and ship the pricemoney directly to Holland. It ain't much if it ain't Dutch.

Ontopic: North America vs Europe vs Sovjets (EURASIA) vs Oceania does sound nice.

In my experience the best players are German, certainly the strongest collective , though it would depend on format, a couple of players from any nation could conceivably tear it up, even USA.

Ofcourse it's worth remembering the UK has never lost a battle it wanted to win.

Raishiwi

Post by Raishiwi »

zinc wrote: You hardly ever see good asian players for some reason... Maybe they don't know the original so much.
They are too busy making bank on popular esports.