Map Design Contest 2017 - Entries (closed)

Currently: 64 entries, 21 revisions, 4 streams

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
OMnom

Post by OMnom »

Blackened wrote: I think the next time we do one of these we should separate non-competitive maps from competitive ones. That way competitive maps can receive closer scrutiny.
Seconded.

IronScion

Post by IronScion »

Thought this would be an acceptable place in which to post this: I'm having trouble downloading and playing these maps. If I download from the resource centre and put the map in the map folder, OpenRA won't recognise the map. The only way I can acquire and play new maps is by downloading them within a multiplayer server. I'm running mac os. Can anyone help me with this?

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

IronScion wrote: Thought this would be an acceptable place in which to post this: I'm having trouble downloading and playing these maps. If I download from the resource centre and put the map in the map folder, OpenRA won't recognise the map. The only way I can acquire and play new maps is by downloading them within a multiplayer server. I'm running mac os. Can anyone help me with this?
Hey ironScion. I dont know for OS, but a solution is to download a map from the multiplayer server, remember the name of the map, search your computer for that map... and you ve found the folder to download custom maps to. Next time you save a map from the resource center, you know where to put it.

To the others: about the comments on the competition: good input! Will open a topic afterwards for evaluation and copy-paste your comments to put up for discussion.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Dunno if feedback is wanted ATM but I may aswell say it before I forget.
I think the map contest should've been scheduled in the middle of the RAGL off season since everyone at the moment is practicing for RAGL and I've barely seen a contest map being played. If it was further away a lot more players would be on the maps and it would get better criticism, just a minor point for next years contest.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Happy wrote: Dunno if feedback is wanted ATM but I may aswell say it before I forget.
I think the map contest should've been scheduled in the middle of the RAGL off season since everyone at the moment is practicing for RAGL and I've barely seen a contest map being played. If it was further away a lot more players would be on the maps and it would get better criticism, just a minor point for next years contest.
I like this idea, but there are also players in the RAGL who would rather be playing maps than making them.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Yeah agree to hold the contest during OFF-season. Timing of the contest is important too.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server