Red Alert Global League - Announcement, Information, Seeding

SEASON 1, 2016

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
SoScared

Post by SoScared »

FiveAces wrote: I'm game, sign me up!
As stated in the main thread it's done through email registration :P No I already added you due to our conversation and me having your email address. glhf!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Updated info concerning the prize pool:

[align=center]Prize Pool[/align]

It looks like the prize pools has come to stay with OpenRA. Prize pools add more tension to the competitions, both for the players and spectators. For that reason, the prize pool for the Red Alert Global League will be an open pool in which anyone can contribute to!

For those interested I'll be using my personal email account SoScared123@Gmail.com connected via PayPal to host the prize pool. You can contribute publicly or anonymously. If this is something you'd want to do just send me a payment to that email address via PayPal and in the 'Write a note' section either write your player-name/name or if you'd like to be anonymous, as I'd want to list all individual contributions to the prize pool info in the various threads including in the prize pool info on the coming scoreboard thread. Further you can add a request as to how you would want your contribution to be paid to the league positions specifically (includes all divisions). By default the payout is split between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the Masters' League at respectively 65%, 25% and 10%.

[align=center]Current prize pool[/align]

SoScared: $100 ;)

Payouts:

Masters' Division:
  1. $65
  2. $25
  3. $10
*edit: Prize pool increased even further, look to the prize pool topic in the main post.
Last edited by SoScared on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Added sequence on future development.

[align=center]Future Development[/align]

The main drive behind the Red Alert Global league is two-fold: First it's to provide a venue in which experienced players can match themselves against the player base. Never before has there been a way for players to reliably track their record over time and assess their own skill and play style with an established opposition. Second it's to give new players a reliable format where they can play with others of similar skill, have fun and learn more about what it takes to make it to the next level. Also, new players that aspire to learn faster or that perhaps already inhibit the necessary skills will have the opportunity to fight their way up and eventually find stronger opposition.

In the first season, a lot of players are seeded in an attempt to establish the divisions in the most reliably way as possible. This season will be the only season in which players are seeded, meaning any future entries, no matter what level of skills will have to start at the lowest division available. Initially, many experienced players will be outside the league, possibly entering the league at a later date. Unfortunately I can't reach everyone in the seeding period (seed invites has been sent to certain players) and it's more than likely that I've forgotten some but overall, seeded players from the community are players that are frequently available in the community and that are interested in participating.

As for the structure of the divisions, there are plans to expand the announced divisions further depending on the numbers of registered players. Below the Minion's Division (2nd division) there will possibly be one or two 3rd divisions, both with promotion and qualifier spots towards the 2nd division. There are no limits as to how many players that can register for the league.

The public registration period for this first season will be relatively short, from 21st of March up until 30th. Also, the advertisement for public registration will be limited to the forum, reddit and other known OpenRA ports. This is to limit the field in which players will register from so that the league at first won't be overly populated by players with little intention to complete the season. Once completed, the RA:GL Spring Season of 2016 will be followed by subsequent seasons with extended registration time.

As mentioned initially in the announcement post the aim is to run the league twice a year with the next season being the Fall Season 2016, probably at the start of September. The hope is to provide a lasting format that will grow and establish itself as a place where all players of every kind, experts as well as newbies, can find a common ground in witch to play, learn, have fun as well as compete for some prize money. The only thing you'll ever need to participate is some dedication and willingness to make contact with your opponents at the beginning of each week of the season. If you can do that, you should definitely go ahead and register regardless of your level of skill!

the-zoidberger

Post by the-zoidberger »

I'm in the Masters' Division? Ruh roh....

:P

fir3w0rx

Post by fir3w0rx »

@SoScared - Your PayPal email in your first post (under Prize Pool) hasn't been updated yet.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

@fir3w0rx:

Fixed. Thanks!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Updated topic on Replay files: Renaming, Uploading and Reporting Results for simplicity sake.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

The official map pool for Season 1 has been locked!

Most of the maps you should already be familiar with. Some of the maps are alterations of the official map pool for RA that will be included in the next playtest/release. The altered maps are more balanced but also add to some extra aesthetic value.

All custom maps has been playtested and are ready to go.
  • Behind The Veil (custom map) download
  • Dual Cold Front (custom map) download
  • Dual Vegetation (custom map) download
  • Forest Path (custom map) download
  • Keep Off The Grass 2 (custom map) download *updated to revision 5, March 29th
  • Northwest Passage (custom map) download
  • Ore Lord (official map)
  • Sidestep (custom map) download
  • Singles (custom map) download *fixed link to revision 11
  • Tournament Island (official map)
  • Warwind (custom map) download
  • Winter Storm (custom map) download
Last edited by SoScared on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KillaB

Post by KillaB »

Yes! I'm excited!

klaas

Post by klaas »

Ouch, I haven't played on many of those maps. Seems like I have some catching up to do.

The link for Singles points to Sidestep btw.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

klaas wrote: Ouch, I haven't played on many of those maps. Seems like I have some catching up to do.

The link for Singles points to Sidestep btw.
So many links. Fixed. Thanks!

Yeah, remember the masters' div. play with explored map:off so better get familiar with'em :)

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Updated information thread

Disconnects during a match

Players decide between themselves the outcome with a disconnected game. If the players cannot come to an agreement, they will have to submit the replay for an evaluation. The evaluation will likely demand a rematch unless the match is undoubtedly decided towards one player. The final word will be up the the person evaluating, regardless. Players who disconnects more than 2 times during a season will forfeit the match point of their remaining disconnected matches, resulting in that no player can disconnect and file a dispute more than 2 times during the season.

All disconnected matches, including those in which players agree upon an outcome, are reported to SoScared123@Gmail.com, titled 'disconnect', including a link to the uploaded replay. Disputes are simply titled 'disputes' and sent to the same email address.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Update on the map pool (will be included in emails sent out to players March 31st)
  • Keep Off The Grass 2 (custom map) download *updated to revision 5, March 29th:

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Got a question that may have been covered, but not sure. Can we play games in advance? Like, can I play my round 8 opponent this week if we spontaneously meet and decide to play?

Tonight I was in the lobby waiting a bit for my opponents and people stopped my. I think many games can be played in advance if that is ok.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

jaZz_KCS

Reminder!

Post by jaZz_KCS »

Remember to upload your game replays to the League archive. Games that are not uploaded are games that didn't happen.

http://64h.mine.nu:5534/mIRROR/ora_repl ... eason_One/
http://openra.endoftheinternet.org:5534 ... eason_One/

Please adhere to the formatting given in the example (first file).