Registration thread - Red Alert European League (RA:EL)

First come, first served.

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Awesome guys! Looks like we're closing in on a line-up for the first season :)
PersianImmortal wrote: Not going to play because I'm not 100% sure on being able to make any of those dates but I might be getting a new mic and can possibly cast with you if you want some help lol
Thanks for being so considerate! Yeah would be nice having you help casting since FiveAces according to the rules (sorry FiveAces :lol: ) cannot participate spec'ing his opponents in his group.

Would you consider joining in the queue? Being listed in the current queue means you're up for advancement (1st, 2nd queue position) or a challenger (3rd, 4th queue position) in the next season, probably early February. Also, listed in the queue you'll also be more flexible opting out of a season should it crash with your planned activities.

weeman

Post by weeman »

Ya im def in. Sign me up plz

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

weeman wrote: Ya im def in. Sign me up plz
Awesome. Thanks! American Blunt has been placed in queue02, enabling him to directly advance into the group stage of our next league, probably early february.

We now have our 6 players for our 2 groups. I'll soon be making a separate thread providing the specific setup and results. However I want to share the group stage setup right here, right now so that you guys don't have to reserve play time for both group sessions:

Group A - monday, November 16th - 7:00pm/19:00 UTC
  • Anjew
  • FiveAces
  • Weeman
Group B - monday, November 23rd - 7:00pm/19:00 UTC
  • Hi
  • Murto the Ray
  • Sean
The Finals -monday, November 30th, 7:00pm/19:00 UTC
Remember to reserve at least 2,5 hours for a best-of-5.

I'll see you guys from 'group A' next monday!

hamb

Post by hamb »

HYPE! :D

Narius

Post by Narius »

I'm in, i'll lose like 90 percent guaranteed, but i am so in

weeman

Post by weeman »

one question about maps. Can we include ol trusty trombone doubles or singles.? I like ore :D

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Narius wrote: I'm in, i'll lose like 90 percent guaranteed, but i am so in
If you like I can place you in the 03-queue (given that the group slots are full). You'd have a few months time to practice before the next season:)
weeman wrote: one question about maps. Can we include ol trusty trombone doubles or singles.? I like ore :D
The map pool was deliberately chosen to accommodate open warfare tactics, meaning more use of mobile armies, often favoring use of tanks & infantry. The reason for this is that I've been actively campaigning for more 1v1 play on this type of maps for quite a while now and has got quite a lot of positive feedback on it in terms of quality matches.

The experience of these map types for the registered players are very limited. If you want to watch some recorded matches I suggest you look up past twith broadcasts of 1v1's exported to my youtube channel (see 'map test' videos). There are definitely some do's and don'ts on this map compared to, say, doubles/singles. If you're completely out of the loop on this I suggest you watch the mentioned videos, and you'll be pretty much up to speed even without having played a single match on them.

The maps has been tested mostly with random players on my private server and with various experienced players in my stream. I think its fair to mention that Hi, FiveAces and Murto the Ray has had a couple of matches on the map 'Sidestep' and FiveAces on 'Interior Halls' during the stream. Id suggest players to get familiar those maps if nothing else.

Another point that just came to mind is that the map 'Tabula Rasa' is a map by FiveAces, now participating in your group. I'll have to insert a rule denying players to play their own maps in their 'host' games and denying it to be part of the maps in the finals with the creator in it. I could off course pull the map from the map pool but as long as the creator cannot actively choose the map, I'll let it be an option for the other players' host games given the little time now left for the start of the league.

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

this is nice. 1v1s only and a bit money for the winner. <3
would be great to have something like this for td too in the future.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Anjew and AoAGeneral are currently looking to establish a league for TD. Definitely check with them.

PersianImmortal

Post by PersianImmortal »

SoScared wrote: Awesome guys! Looks like we're closing in on a line-up for the first season :)
PersianImmortal wrote: Not going to play because I'm not 100% sure on being able to make any of those dates but I might be getting a new mic and can possibly cast with you if you want some help lol
Thanks for being so considerate! Yeah would be nice having you help casting since FiveAces according to the rules (sorry FiveAces :lol: ) cannot participate spec'ing his opponents in his group.

Would you consider joining in the queue? Being listed in the current queue means you're up for advancement (1st, 2nd queue position) or a challenger (3rd, 4th queue position) in the next season, probably early February. Also, listed in the queue you'll also be more flexible opting out of a season should it crash with your planned activities.
Sure put me in the que for the next season, but I can't make any promises haha

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

PersianImmortal wrote: Sure put me in the que for the next season, but I can't make any promises haha
Ok cool. I'll be responsible for doing some spring cleaning of the queue about 2 weeks in before next season to see who's available for promotions/qualifications. If you're found not being able to participate you're simply bypassed by players available behind you in the queue.

Spy

Post by Spy »

Sign me up!

Gatekeeper

Post by Gatekeeper »

Gatekeeper reporting in for battle!

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Allmost partytime! Stream will start in approx an hour, right? Tuning in!
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

That's right! :) Thanks for the hype noobmapmaker!