Tiberium Dawn Competitive 1v1

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
anjew

Tiberium Dawn Competitive 1v1

Post by anjew »

Hey all,

AoAGeneral1 and I have been discussing how we can help further growth in the Tiberium Dawn side of things and thought of starting some sort of friendly competitive competition.
The recent update has brought many great balance changes and also from what I can see, it has brought some new faces. Now seems like a great time to put something like this on.

This General and I thought of putting on something like a 1v1 League (which looks supported on http://compo.openra.net/) with fixed matches for the season and then a finals to close all things off.
Other details are up in the air but right now me and AoA are just trying to gauge an interest from others who visit the forums.

If this is something you would be interested in please tell us and feel free to offer any feedback.

JAW0M

Post by JAW0M »

Here is my free feedback:

Yes, sure, sounds fun, would be happy to act as a guinea pig and test the system's tourney capacity. Maybe a sort of ladder or ranking could develop. We'd need to be able to message players if/when they're online (I don't know if the IRC'll be able to do that) to facilitate meeting up I guess.

I might not be able to keep on staying up all night just to play CnC for much longer tho ...

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

I've been thinking a lot about this for RA. I'd love to participate in a TD league!

In order to get that to work you will need compo.openra.net to enable the players to contact and prep matches themselves (etc. on public player-based message boards) so that anyone can see who's active and who's not. It's going to be absolutely crucial to be able to pull (or relegate. lol) players who don't make a good enough effort to prep matches, in order to keep the league healthy. IRC shouldn't be used to prep either tournaments or leagues as it just makes the blood boil of anyone interested to see the tournament through.

It could also be a good idea to eventually set up a qualification league below the main league to avoid clogging up the main league with too many players (too many fixed matches) and recurring quitters if you get to that point.

I'm excited to see what you'll come up with and I'll gladly help as a guinea pig too. lol

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

Last edited by Norman_ on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.