1 vs 1 Tournament REGISTRATION

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.

All rounds Held on the SAME map (As in 3rd Tournament)

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 14

Ripsn

1 vs 1 Tournament REGISTRATION

Post by Ripsn »

[align=center]Entry's have Closed
[/align]

Head-To-Head Battles Leading to a Best of 3 (Three) round Final.

To be Held : 08:00:00 p.m. Saturday October 20, 2012
Sat 10/20/2012 8:00 PM UTC - Sun 10/21/2012 9:00 AM NZT - Sat 10/20/2012 11:00 PM*Germany - Sun 10/21/2012 12:00 AM* Finland - Sat 10/20/2012 4:00 PM* Texas.

[align=center] Current Players Signed Up:[/align]
hamb
Scott_Nz
Unreal Champion
Overkill_
gefee
ihptru
SoScared
RAGEQUIT
Chrisf - Player has Withdrawn -
Ankhwatcher
Azores
Dan9550
Joseph_Vissarion

1 : The officials Will have the FINAL say on All rounds they Monitor
2 : Each Match is a Knockout / Elimination Round. Therefore You lose and You're Out
3 : Entry's Will close 10/19/2012 at Midnight.
4: A Lobby will be held open for Players waiting For their game - For Information and Notification Purposes Only - Which you may Join and wait in
5 : Players will be Notified, Either on IRC or in The Lobby Mentioned Above, The ip and Port to Direct Connect to For Each Tabled Match.
6 : Players that Have not Joined Either Of the above by 9:00pm (2100) UCT Will Be considered Forfeit
7 : Players In-Game that Fake "Connection Drop" Banned. Offenders Will be Forfeit and Instantly Eliminated
8: Player/Host Crash or Drop will result in a REMATCH, If player does not Reconnect it will be Considered a Forfeit
9:Players MUST sign up Themselves, No nominations "On behalf of".
10: All entry's will be taken as agreement to these Terms, and any other that may be enforced by Event Staff for the Benefit of this Tournament
11. No player may Watch the Live stream Whilst ingame
More Rules May be Added

If The situation calls for it, a Second Bracket (Table or League) will be drawn up. Leading to the same 3 Round Final.

R.E: Map
A Tournament Map has been made for All rounds of This tournament
See : http://akseli.virtuaalipalvelin.net/forest-path.oramap
Thankyou to RAGEQUIT.
More changes may be made For the Final Version of this map, So please Make sure you have the latest Version For game Day.

Please Post Your interest in This Thread.

All Welcome

Any Comments or Questions Welcome
Join #OpenRA on Freenode irc network
Last edited by Ripsn on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:47 am, edited 16 times in total.

Unreal Champion

Post by Unreal Champion »

Hey Bro
I want to be in da Tournament if u can get back to me me if u have done or if fulled

Thanx The Swag

P.S. My Name Is The Swag :)

hamb

Post by hamb »

i am in.

Scott_NZ

Post by Scott_NZ »

I'm in

OverKill

Post by OverKill »

Sign me up.

gefroy

Post by gefroy »

Okay, sign me in!
You who signed in already it was a mistake from you. Because you will see my passion to drop you out! Will not happen when those 3 against me!
Others, don't bother to join because I'm gonna win!

If you do it anyway without considering my warning. You won't see me at second round anymore. :cry: Who would like to drop me out? I hope none of you!

PS. Signing been available 2 days and so few participants. What happened to "scene"? Put your name on list asap!

Sincerely - gefee

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

I'm in.

Ripsn

Post by Ripsn »

yay
Still need more though
MORE MORE MORE!!!!!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Count me in!

Ripsn

Post by Ripsn »

An exception to the Signup Rule has been Made for RAGEQUIT
As he has Both Designed the OpenRA Tournament Map, And Asked me in person to be added.

Any objections?

ihptru

Post by ihptru »

Ankhwatcher

Post by Ankhwatcher »

Someone has to come last, and it might as well be me.
Count me in.

gefroy

Post by gefroy »

Eh, what happened to voting the map? I didn't saw any possibility to vote. Only that one map or multiple.

gefroy

Post by gefroy »

So my comments on map. It's tiny and there is no space to build and fight. We will see very fast rushes here.
- Trees prevent building to larger area except you move your MCV
- There are total 4 ore mines. And you can't get access to last 2 before moving MCV.
I believe both teams will have lack of money after 5 mins if both team loose their first rush forces.
- Cliffs and trees protect pretty well arties and v2 from light vehicles. Maybe too well
- Northern base may bug at start of game. Ore mine is so close to mine that it may prevent deploying the base so you have to move it at start.

I made a picture how to improve map a bit.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23523603/ra.jpg

It's just my opinion. What you feel?

Replay of test match, I believe you have to download map before you can watch that.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23523603/OpenR ... 41225Z.rep

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

gefroy wrote: So my comments on map. It's tiny and there is no space to build and fight. We will see very fast rushes here.
- Trees prevent building to larger area except you move your MCV
- There are total 4 ore mines. And you can't get access to last 2 before moving MCV.
I believe both teams will have lack of money after 5 mins if both team loose their first rush forces.
- Cliffs and trees protect pretty well arties and v2 from light vehicles. Maybe too well
- Northern base may bug at start of game. Ore mine is so close to mine that it may prevent deploying the base so you have to move it at start.

I made a picture how to improve map a bit.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23523603/ra.jpg

It's just my opinion. What you feel?

Replay of test match, I believe you have to download map before you can watch that.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23523603/OpenR ... 41225Z.rep
Just took the map for a test run, so here's my 5 cents:

Personally I don't mind narrow build space and sparse resources. It increases the value of smaller and normally wasted units and just shifts the pace of the game.

I like the trees and cliffs as buffers, I don't really want to see them go. My only concern perhaps is the artillery/V2 play firing shots across the map - plenty of ridges and trees to shield them but they might be difficult to control...

Hope bugging won't become an issue.