OpenRA Tournament

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.

Map Choice for ALL ROUNDS of tournament

Doughnut
No votes
Haos Ridges
44%
Asymetric Battle
6%
Pressure
31%
Regeneration Basin
No votes
Hectic
No votes
None of the Above
19%

Total votes: 16

dn_

Post by dn_ »

I agree that there was a bit of controversy. If following the rules strictly, Iron Curtain vs Extreme Turtlers match is void because they broke the rule about posting a replay, Mammoth Wank vs Open Team's match would have been on Haos Ridges and not Pressure, some matches were void because they happened on the "wrong" server, and so on.

HOWEVER, you need to keep in mind the purpose of the rules, and the experimental nature of the tournament. I believe the rules were created to make sure the matches were fair, however, in the real world, it turned out that sometimes they would not fit their purpose. Perhaps the community could address this in the form of suggestions, rather than being so damn negative.

Personally, I had a great time, thank you for organising, and I look forward to the next tournament!

Ripsn

Post by Ripsn »

the 4th Openra Tournament will be held Somewhere close to Christmas time.
Ty for your Support dn_

ddd its stupid to argue with people that Actually organised the event and was in the final games... its stupid to tell me that there were no discussions About any rule changes, as most of the people on irc will come here and back US up

if you dont agree with how the tournament was run, feel free to NOT enter the next tournament either.. we'd be happy to NOT see you there =)

Closing = your attitude still sucks, and i wish you a life time of misery and Nuke crates.

Kanar

Post by Kanar »

dn_ wrote: I believe the rules were created to make sure the matches were fair, however, in the real world, it turned out that sometimes they would not fit their purpose. Perhaps the community could address this in the form of suggestions, rather than being so damn negative.
That's exactly the point and that was also the reason why your match against team Mammoth Wank was held on pressure map.
When the first game on that server was played, we realized that you two, the players of the next game, had a slight advantage over Mammoth Wank as you two were directly spectating their battle and observing their strategy. So we asked everyone in the game if it was OK to switch over to pressure map, so no one had a disadvantage here. Might not be 100% correct according to the rules posted in this thread, but as everyone else was playing on some different servers no one knew about at the same time, it was decided spontaneously and I dont think any of the other team has any reason to complain about that or has any disadvantage because of that.
(Sure, there might be a better solution for that problem as there was also a lifestream, that problem could be addressed in the next tournament.)
Remember, we already got enough bureaucracy in all parts of our lifes, i think we really dont need this in a game we enjoy for fun in our spare time, as long as its fair. So everyone be cool!

BTW, some people (greetings to ddd / Joseph Vissarion!) definitely need to take that huge stick out of their ass instead of complaining all the time...

I had a great time watching this tournament.

Ripsn

Post by Ripsn »

Kanar. Next time you compete

As this was MY first time organizing an OpenRa event (As much as i did/Could), its to be expected that a few things didnt go according to Plan.
But MOST players had a Good attitude for the event, Which i feel, Was what made it go as well as it did
You know when the next one will Be,
Get your Freinds playing OpenRa and make the next Tournament twice the success that the 3rd Tournament turned out to be