OpenRA Dark Tournament!

June 22nd @ 1800 UTC

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Blackened

OpenRA Dark Tournament!

Post by Blackened »

ORA turns 18 years old on June 18th. That's 18 years of game development for the engine and games we know and love and what better way to celebrate than to have a fun tournament in honor of ORA's birthday!

A dark tournament, for those of you who don't know, are tournaments in which players have zero idea of what a map will look like before they play on it. Shroud will be active so even after the game starts it will take time to explore the map and discover all it's secrets. We've done these in RA, and TD and even a few team dark tournaments. Pinkthoth has also created dark tournaments that were full of carnival-esque games. This time we're really pushing the envelope. Since this is for ORA in general, that means we're going to include all three base mods in this tournament.

That's right, 16(per mod!) brand new, never before seen maps in Dune2000, Tiberian Dawn, AND Red Alert.
You'll have to play in every mod to claim the title this time! Shoutout to BlackSir and Pinkthoth for making d2k and RA maps!

Tournament date: 22 June, 2024 @ 1800 UTC [time can be negotiable if players express a preferred time]

Format: Will likely be a best of 3 single elimination format. A random map and mod will be determined for the first game. Second game will have a random map taken from one of the unpicked mods. Third match, if necessary, will be a random map from the last mod.

Prizes: If people want to donate some money we can maybe throw in some random prizes for participants, but this tournament is less about skill and more about bringing the community together to celebrate!

To register you can reply down below or express your interest in discord. The first 16 sign ups will have a spot and any after will be first in line to take a spot if someone drops. IF we get a total of 32 sign ups a whole other bracket will open up. There's no such thing as not good enough to sign up all players are welcome! Good luck Commanders!

1 Orb
2 moods
3 Goldie
4 SOLIDUS
5 Unano
6 Upps
7 Creo
8 Anjew
9 Casib
10 Draco Guardian

Reserves:
Last edited by Blackened on Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ROCKhardFISTnips

Re: OpenRA Dark Tournament!

Post by ROCKhardFISTnips »

Sign me up
Moods

goldie

Post by goldie »

Put me on that list plz.

Upps

Post by Upps »

yo

anjew

Post by anjew »

Im in!

Casib

Post by Casib »

Signing in

Draco Guardian

Post by Draco Guardian »

Hi, sign me up please.

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

Draco Guardian wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:21 am
Hi, sign me up please.
done! If you're on the community discord your @ would be appreciated.

Draco Guardian

Post by Draco Guardian »

I'm in Discord - draco_guardian