Faction flag question

Is there a way to permit OpenRA to see a NonCombatant faction's flag?

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
krown1990

Faction flag question

Post by krown1990 »

Hello to all,

I'm creating a skirmish huge conquest ra map.
For this map I created a new faction and I added its flag to the button.png file.

This faction is like a Creeps faction, because it is NonCombatant (it is formed by some civil villages, defended by own militias and some turrets).

The problem is that if a factions is set as NonCombatant the game doesn't show its flag and faction's name.
However if I remove the NonCombatant property, I see the new faction flag but at start of a match all turrets goes down (because this faction doesn't have structures outside of civilian buildings and turrets) and the game finish with a victory of all multiplayers.

What can I do? Is there a easy way to resolve this?

P.s.: I'm not familiar with LUA scripts..

Thank you,

Carlo

abcdefg30

Re: Faction flag question

Post by abcdefg30 »

The easiest solution for you is probably setting an mcv owned by Creeps outside of the playable map area and removing NonCombatant.

krown1990

Post by krown1990 »

Hello abcdefg30,

thank you so much for the tip!
I'll try this and let you know if works or not..

I also downloaded a lua manual, maybe when I'll have time I'll take a look on it.

krown1990

Post by krown1990 »

Hello,

the hint doesn't work as I wish, because if a multi* defeat all the other multi* , the game continues because also the Creeps faction must be defeated.

:( , I'll study Lua code so I'll able to do a clean work.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Ah right, I forgot that, sorry. In that case using Lua might really be the cleanest solution for you. I think looking at the existing mission yaml and script files would be a good starting point.

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

Another option is to duplicate the YAML units of this faction and set them up so they are necessary to be destroyed for winning the game (via the MustBeDestroyed trait).

EruseanMoD

Post by EruseanMoD »

Yes, if you can't remove the "creepers" from the factions that have to be destroyed to finish the battle, then it'd be a good idea to find a mission in the campaign that has a faction for which you mustn't destroy everyone, and then take inspiration from the code there.