Sire's Workshop

Maps & Some AI

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Sire

Sire's Workshop

Post by Sire »

While I would make a proper topic with all the details and nuances, at the moment I am only making this topic for the "AI" I made by messing around in the ai.yaml file. This is mostly because I have taken a break from making things in OpenRA.

I'll format this topic properly at a later date, but for now I'll lay the foundation for it.

Maps

OpenRA Resource Center Link: http://resource.openra.net/maps/uploader/1405/

At the moment I only really have maps from the Mapmaking Contest from earlier in the year, mostly featuring 1v1 maps and the 2v2 naval map. When I get back into OpenRA, I'll update this post with proper map descriptions and the like.

AI

Sire AI: A "steamroller" type of AI that tends to focus on economy and tech before attacking.

Sire AI Features
- General AI
-- Will not use Air or Naval units. (Soviets will build an Airfield for the support powers.)
-- Will build and use Nuke Silos.
-- Raised building limits on War Factories, Barracks, and Refineries.
- Allies AI
-- Will train Tanya, Medics, and Mechanics.
-- Vehicle focus is on Medium Tanks and Artillery. Nothing else will be produced besides those two, outside of Harvesters and Phase Tanks.
-- Uses Camo Pillboxes for defense.
-- France will use Fake Structures. (not effectively, but at least they are used!)
- Soviet AI
-- Will build an Airfield to utilize the Support Powers.
-- Will use Attack Dogs, Flamethrowers, and Shock Troopers.
-- Soviets use a variety of vehicles.

Due to the focus on economy and having the capability to use Nukes, from my testing the Sire AI beats the vanilla AIs in ground battles. I also find the Sire AI to be a little more challenging than the vanilla AIs (although they are still prone to being rushed like any AI).

I may try to further refine the AI at a later date (perhaps streamline Soviet vehicle production to be similar of that to the Allies) and see if I can incorporate Gap Generators into the Allied arsenal.
Attachments
ai.yaml
Includes the vanilla AIs as well as the Sire AI.
(10.69 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

Sire

Post by Sire »

Reserved for later use.

Sire

Post by Sire »

Also reserved for later use. (Feel free to post feedback and the like.)