Gameplay videos of rarely seen Classic Dune 2 mod for OpenRA

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Blake00

Gameplay videos of rarely seen Classic Dune 2 mod for OpenRA

Post by Blake00 »

Hi guys,

I was surprised to see that there's no videos of the Dune 2 mod for OpenRA so my friends & I decided to try and get the mod working and make some. We failed miserably lol!!! However fortunately the OpenRA Dune 2 Dev MicroBit gave us some help and we finally got it working and made some videos! So if fellow OpenRA & Dune fans here are curious to see how the project is going like I was then here's your chance. :)

NOTES:
- I haven't played Dune 2 in over 10yrs so I suck a bit sorry lol.
- I've since found out you can zoom in by either pressing "." or CTRL+Mousewheel , my bad!

If there's any diehard Dune players here these 2 videos are actually part of a Dune 2 Remake HD series of videos where I also had a go at Dune 2 Legacy & Dune 2 Dynasty which were brilliant to play too.

Last edited by Blake00 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blake's Sanctum:

- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Haha nice! I vaguely recognize the buildings. I think Ive watched the brother of a friend play this.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

I need to give it a try. The more mods the merrier!

xan2622

Post by xan2622 »

I hope evgeniy will resume his work on this mod.

Now that mods can feature command bars, we're close to be able to add the old Dune 2 sidebar to this mod:

Blake00

Re:

Post by Blake00 »

xan2622 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:39 pm
I hope evgeniy will resume his work on this mod.
Now that mods can feature command bars, we're close to be able to add the old Dune 2 sidebar to this mod
Thankfully they have. I tested their latest version the other day and it's got the lovely command bar and way more features. Still a few AI bugs though.

New Video: