[Tiberian Sun] marn edition

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Matt

Post by Matt »

enepomnyaschih wrote: Questions about map editor:
  1. How to select elevation level for a new tile?
  2. Where can I find tiberium bloom to place?
  1. The OpenRA map editor doesn't support changing heights yet. I guess Marn created a Tiberian Sun map using Final Sun and then ran the OpenRA legacy map importer tool.
  2. The blossom tree can be found in the actor tab.

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

AFAIK what he does is to create the map layout in FinalSun and then place all actors in OpenRA.
AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

" *[Experimental]Refineries now only store 500$(not enough even for a single unload) but silos can store 5000$ That is done in attempt to make silos do what they should be doing, storing Tiberium."

After trying this out, I am finding myself not liking this idea at all. Silos weren't made to be a requirement for this game, they were only meant to store extra Tiberium, that is why they are in the add-on section, not the basic building section. I am also finding it useless to build multiple refineries, so I don't necessarily know what you were trying to accomplish. I think you should revert this.

Devastator

Post by Devastator »

ROCKNROLLKID wrote: " *[Experimental]Refineries now only store 500$(not enough even for a single unload) but silos can store 5000$ That is done in attempt to make silos do what they should be doing, storing Tiberium."

After trying this out, I am finding myself not liking this idea at all. Silos weren't made to be a requirement for this game, they were only meant to store extra Tiberium, that is why they are in the add-on section, not the basic building section. I am also finding it useless to build multiple refineries, so I don't necessarily know what you were trying to accomplish. I think you should revert this.
I actually like this. There wasn't ever a need for using silos. Now they are an important aspect of your economy and also potential targets for attacks. It adds another tactical aspect to the game.

ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

I don't know why everyone thinks silos were useless. I always found them useful for when I'm playing the game. Maybe a better idea would be to just increase storage space for silo's, instead of making refineries useless.

As for drawback, well I think it is too much. I feel like you turned it into a Starcraft type thing now. Don't get me wrong the idea sounded cool, and I like Starcraft, as well, but it just doesn't fit right with Tiberian Sun for me.

If you feel different about it fine, but at least include it as a game play option, rather then forcing it upon users.

Roxas

Blossom tree and blue large tib crystal TS

Post by Roxas »

Hey guys i can't seem to find the ts blossom tree in openra map editor i have looked everywhere between all the actor tabs (multi 1 ,2 , creeps neutral) same thing with the trees and the larg blue tiberium crystal. any help would be nice because atm i am making a map and since openra map editor is so easy to use for a noob like me xD it would be nice if i could add some blossom trees on my map or large tib crystals.

anyway let me know if there is a fix to this :)

kind regards Roxas :P

(ps like the mod alot except the cliff bug when units walk behind (on the clif) ^^

Sleipnir

Re: Blossom tree and blue large tib crystal TS

Post by Sleipnir »

Roxas wrote: (ps like the mod alot except the cliff bug when units walk behind (on the clif) ^^
This has been fixed in the official TS mod. Marn's modified version is a fair bit out of date now.

Roxas

Post by Roxas »

(ps like the mod alot except the cliff bug when units walk behind (on the clif) ^^[/quote]This has been fixed in the official TS mod. Marn's modified version is a fair bit out of date now.
[/quote]

And where do i find the official TS mod ? maybe u can post or pm a link to it also what about the blossom trees and large tib crystals in the openra map editor ?

anyway thx for the reply Sleipnir :)

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- »

There's currently no release of the official TS mod, as it's still only in development.

You'll have to make your own build off of github if you want to see how far it's come.

savilian

Post by savilian »

Suggestion:

How about put TD units in the game when engineer capture an old TD buildings?

Old Construction Yard = construction yard, but cost 2 times more to build modern units there/ build TD buildings.
Old Powerplants = a basic power plant, maybe = 50 power as the TS one give 60.
Old Warfactory = give out a random TD tanks when captured/ build TD units/ build modern units with 2 times costs.
Old Nod Temple = give a commando unit that have C4 and sniper rifle when captured(can do huge damage to infintry, but does nearly nothing to tanks.)
Old Refinery = give a old havester that can harvest tiberian when captured, the old refinery can be also work as a normal refinery but have a smaller storage room, maybe like 1K......