Using weapons from another mod

Mixing TS and RA assets for example

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
ephja

Using weapons from another mod

Post by ephja »

How would one replace TS's E3 weapon with the bazooka in RA for example?

ephja

Post by ephja »

Exception of type `System.InvalidOperationException`: /home/exe/src/openra/mods/ts/sequences/misc.yaml:66: Sequence rank.rank uses frames [7..8], but only 0..5 actually exist
I get error messages like these, and it might be because something is being overridden when I add "./mods/cnc/bits" to "Folder" in mod.yaml. I removed it, and then I was able to launch a game and fire, but then it can't find the "small_frag" sequence for the rocket explosion
Exception of type `System.InvalidOperationException`: Unit `explosion` does not have a sequence named `small_frag`"
I did actually try it with Rocket from cnc this time. I changed the names of some definitions after copying them over to the TS files in order to avoid even more overrides from occuring.

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

Do not mix the bits folders of games IMO. It's better if you start to use a mix tool (for example XCC Mixer http://xhp.xwis.net/utilities/XCC_Utilities.exe ) and copy the wanted assets from one game's mixes to the other game's loose folders.

The problem is that many of the WW games shared a lot of filenames inbetween so you can't just copy the assets 1:1.

They can be used quite easily though, since OpenRA supports all SHP formats in a single mod - WW TS dropped SHP(TD) support for example - but you have to set them up manually. The RA1 temperat.pal is TS's palette.pal, TD's palette is missing, so for that you either convert the palette either add that one as a new palette.

Just copy out and manually add the artworks from the other games and don't throw the whole assets in and the problems should be manageable.
AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2