(ASK) Some In Game Map Editor stuffs that get confusing

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Prince Blueblood

(ASK) Some In Game Map Editor stuffs that get confusing

Post by Prince Blueblood »

1) while in external editor we could press shift to fill the area with a tile (useful to add water in inslands map), how to do that in in game map editor?

2) the fact that you can't save a half-made map is annoying, especially when you think to make the coastlines and add stuffs later...

3) And for the last, sometimes having external map editor seems to be better... with all things that you could edit the yaml at the almost same time if needed.
OpenRA Nicks :
- Everything with "Blueblood" inside
- Yuelang (when I speak Chinese, literally)

My Ping might be Red... blame distance and my shitty connection due to which country I lived in...

Canavusbis

Post by Canavusbis »

As was stated in the newspost for that release, the map editor is not yet fully featured.

Prince Blueblood

Making a Naval Islands map just got more tedious, no longer could map in the office break...
OpenRA Nicks :

My Ping might be Red... blame distance and my shitty connection due to which country I lived in...

Sleipnir

Re: (ASK) Some In Game Map Editor stuffs that get confusing

Post by Sleipnir »

Prince Blueblood wrote: 2) the fact that you can't save a half-made map is annoying, especially when you think to make the coastlines and add stuffs later...
What do you mean by this? You can save maps at any time via the editor's menu.

Prince Blueblood

Re: (ASK) Some In Game Map Editor stuffs that get confusing

Sleipnir wrote:
Prince Blueblood wrote: 2) the fact that you can't save a half-made map is annoying, especially when you think to make the coastlines and add stuffs later...
What do you mean by this? You can save maps at any time via the editor's menu.
Already fixed in the playtest though.

The stable Release in game map editor literally cannot save map unless you put new player spawn or kind like that, the playtest thing however, is fine.
OpenRA Nicks :

JAW0M

Post by JAW0M »

Sorry I'm new, I don't know the right place to post this, but on the topic of the editor, I really wish you could drag-select to copy-paste and move tiles around. Pushing a whole cliff up by one tile is really hard because you have to completely re-construct it. Ideally you could just select and drag (: