OpenRA Mission Maker

First release of the tool that will help you create maps

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
umairazfar

OpenRA Mission Maker

Post by umairazfar »

OpenRA Mission Maker

This is the first release of this tool, which should help anyone help create single player maps for OpenRA. This tool is work in progress and I do not know if it actually produces workable code because I do not have time to test it thoroughly. I however have tried to make the code error free and someone who has little map creation knowledge, will find it very easy to use. I strongly recommend that you follow the five tutorials created by me on the OpenRA wiki first to get the hang of single player map making.

This tool does not cover all the possible events, activities or game logic, which you will need to put in by yourself, depending on the map that you create. The tool creates code but is not intelligent, so you yourself need to be smart to use it. I will put down the steps below to give a basic idea about how to use it after this picture:

1. You select the mod and then select the appropriate unit to add to a team
  2. You choose with a checkbox (1) to tell if the team belongs to player or opponent
  3. If you have already created the team then checkbox (2) will be selected. this ensures that the same team variable is not created again
  4. You create the path (3) that you want the team to follow
  5. There can be multiple paths so you must select the certain path that you want to use (4)
  6. You click on Complete Code to complete the code with all the necessary functions. A file is also generated if you do not want to copy paste the code.
The entire code is available here and is free to use, just give credit if you end up making changes to it.

Since I am short on time and cannot test the code, I request that anyone who uses the system report the bugs/suggestions on this topic and I will make changes whenever I get time. I hope that this will decrease the time required to make the maps for all the 3 mods of OpenRA.

*Some units are missing pictures, so I have used place holders in their place. Do not get confused by them.

*You can run the project without compiling by going into the bin/debug directory and running the executable.

*Software is MS Windows based only.

umairazfar

Post by umairazfar »

Apart from Hunt, no other activity works