[coma] Command and Conquer: The Forgotten Chapter

(CnC 1.5)

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Angusm3

[coma] Command and Conquer: The Forgotten Chapter

Post by Angusm3 »

Please remember this mod is not complete, and I still have a lot of things to add/modify

This is a mod that explores what the two factions would have been like during the time in between Tib War 1 and Tib War 2.
It introduces the forgotten as a playable faction, and is nearing the completion of the forgotten faction, soon we will be moving on to balance fixes, and the campaign about the war for survival that the forgotten must wage on their oppressors.

After trying for a half hour to embed the video, apparently that's impossible on this forum, so...
The Forgotten Chapter 0.24 Unit Demonstrations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOr865KsXIM

Public Bug List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14yq ... sp=sharing
if you have a game crash, or have issues with the balancing (which I know there are lots of), or just something doesn't work quite right, put it in here, and remember if you have an exception log: http://pastebin.com/ is your friend :P

Link to the Mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qy0aj ... _0.31b.zip
Just unzip tfc into your mods folder and load it ingame.

The Current Version of the mod is optimized for OpenRA Version 20141029

Version 0.31 changes:
changed name of directory from fgtn to tfc
most changes made to get mod to work on october update

Added units:
Forgotten:
-Militia: foot-soldier, costs $80, carries SKS
-Forgotten AT: anti tank unit, Costs $250, carries SMAW
-Mortar: Artillery, Costs $800, Carries 120mm Mortars
-Scout: Sniper, Costs $1200, Carries SV-98 Sniper Rifle, Moves Quickly, Cloaks, long line of sight
-Combat Engineer: Unlike the CnC3 "Combat Engineer" that takes one hit and dies, this Combat engineer has very heavy armour, moves slowly, and carries a PKP LMG, Costs $1500
-Technical: Pickup Truck with an MMG in the back, Costs $300, very weak, but good at holding back infantry rushes when used with a scout to remove AT from their ranks
-WarDozer: Bull Dozer with Dual mounted .50 caliber anti-material Machine Guns, Costs $900
-Heavy Tank: Salvaged Tech from abandoned Russian War Factories, Costs $900, Experimental Radar jamming systems make them slightly more difficult to kill with rockets

GDI:
-Medic: Field Medic, Costs $500, heals friendly infantry

-Wolverine Prototype: Costs $900, Prototype Anti-Infantry Mechanical exosuit

NOD:
-Mechanic: Costs $500, Repairs Nearby Vehicles

-Elite Cadre: Costs $2000, worth $2000

Modified units:
GDI:
-Mammoth Tank: The weapons have been upgraded as far as physically possible for a tank unit, hence the creation of the Mammoth Mk II in Tiberian Sun, moves slower, costs $3000
-Medium Tank: Added Coaxial mg for anti infantry

NOD:
-Light Tank: Added Coaxial mg for anti infantry

I find it important to repeat here, this mod is a Work in Progress, and I still have not added/modified everything that I will get done eventually

Structure List coming *cough* eventually.

If you have any suggestions for the mod, please leave a comment and I'll see what I can do!
Last edited by Angusm3 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:17 am, edited 41 times in total.

AgentAAA

Post by AgentAAA »

Looks great so far, been enjoying my play-throughs.
Some basic tips for anyone playing this regarding forgotten strategy:

-Technicals are great for using in small packs to take out artillery/MLRS

-Militia are very powerful for their cost in anti-infantry capabilities, but unlike mini-gunners
have moderate issues with light armor and can't touch tanks, so building Forgotten AT's from the get-go is paramount to survival.

-scouts require a lot of micro to be useful and are good for early harassment of enemy infantry.

-make sure to fight near tiberium as often as possible. Sneaking a few soldiers into the opponent's tiberium field's actually one of the best ways to create early pressure as the forgotten.

salvakiya

Post by salvakiya »

Crashes for me. Its missing ingame-chat.yaml Possibly others also.

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

@salvakiya

I have released a new version for the 1215 playtest, please make sure you have the Tiberian Dawn mod downloaded as well, as The Forgotten Chapter draws from it's mix files.

if you still get crashes, could you send me a pastebin of your exception log?

salvakiya

Post by salvakiya »

Angusm3 wrote: @salvakiya

I have released a new version for the 1215 playtest, please make sure you have the Tiberian Dawn mod downloaded as well, as The Forgotten Chapter draws from it's mix files.

if you still get crashes, could you send me a pastebin of your exception log?
aha! did not notice I needed the playtest. my bad.

EDIT: I updated and ran again and got this error

Forgotten Mod at Version {INDEV}
Operating System: Windows (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)
Runtime Version: .NET CLR 2.0.50727.5466
Exception of type `System.IO.InvalidDataException`: No valid shellmaps available
at OpenRA.Game.ChooseShellmap()
at OpenRA.Game.LoadShellMap()
at OpenRA.Mods.Cnc.CncLoadScreen.TestAndContinue()
at OpenRA.Mods.Cnc.CncLoadScreen.StartGame()
at OpenRA.Game.InitializeWithMod(String mod)
at OpenRA.Mods.RA.Widgets.Logic.ModBrowserLogic.<LoadMod>c__AnonStorey179.<>m__449()
at System.Action.Invoke()
at OpenRA.FileFormats.ActionQueue.PerformActions()
at OpenRA.Game.Tick(OrderManager orderManager)
at OpenRA.Game.Run()
at OpenRA.Program.Run(String[] args)
at OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args)

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

@salvakiya, that honestly should not be a problem, but it is something that was noted and they'll be releasing a new version later tonight. The problem is that the maps began to require specific mods, and I fixed that, but apparently not well enough. Unfortunately the only thing to do now is wait for the official update, sorry.

salvakiya

Post by salvakiya »

Angusm3 wrote: @salvakiya, that honestly should not be a problem, but it is something that was noted and they'll be releasing a new version later tonight. The problem is that the maps began to require specific mods, and I fixed that, but apparently not well enough. Unfortunately the only thing to do now is wait for the official update, sorry.
Its all good. I am just tryin to help ya out.

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

@salvakiya, thanks so much, it's rare that someone actually tries to help on forums instead of just getting annoyed at the modder :)

salvakiya

Post by salvakiya »

Angusm3 wrote: @salvakiya, thanks so much, it's rare that someone actually tries to help on forums instead of just getting annoyed at the modder :)
As a indie dev I know the importance of feedback and bug reporting. As an OpenRa fan I am glad there is a new CnC mod.

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

@salvakiya, if you want to play an old obsolete version that's kind of got the gyst of the mod, I've got a full pre-modded portable installation that you can try

http://www.mediafire.com/download/66z71 ... Modded.zip

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

Version 0.22 changes, in addition to many minor balance changes

+Added Wolverine Prototype to GDI
+All maps back
+Optimized for OpenRA 1220
+Testmap of first mission included (not complete, just a concept) XXX It says this in the changelog but I forgot to put it into the maps folder, it is however in the process of being made, and should be added within a couple of updates, sorry about that

AgentAAA

Post by AgentAAA »

Could you put a bug list in? I'd like some place where I can post errors and the like I get.

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

Added Trailer, Uploaded 0.24, have fun!

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

Just uploaded version 0.25, technically not too many changes, but the things I did change were pretty important. I'm going to get started fixing balance issues soon, so if anyone wants to post replies about things they want changed regarding that, it would be great :)

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

Folks, spread latest video on social media... OpenRA @fb,Twitter, reddit, moddb