reaperrr's OpenRA shp fixes

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
reaperrr

reaperrr's OpenRA shp fixes

Post by reaperrr »

OK, in addition to my recent contributions on github, I've made a small graphics patch as well. I hope it will be incorporated into the main mod.

I'm too lazy to do screenshots/previews for everything, the teaser below and changelog have to do for now.

The airfield idle anim needs to be separate from the original file and therefore requires sequence changes (included). The resized turret barrels might be a matter of taste, so I put them in separate shps, too. They need sequence changes as well if you want to use them (included). Everything else is drop-in compatible and just needs to be put into the bits folder.
- 2nd frame of Yak shp (north-north-west) no longer uses greyscale instead of remap for the tail fins.
- Mobile Gap Generator finally has a shadow.
- Medium Tank barrel length increased by ~1-2 pixels (depends on angle).
- Light Tank barrel significantly shortened and thinned, to better reflect its low damage per shot.
- airfield now uses all 8 frames for flag anim and active anim.
- airfield house/tower had some see-through pixels (terrain was visible), which was unrealistic due to its angle. Filled these with shadow.
- Gap Generator now has some shadow.
- FRAG1 and FBALL1 explosions are now a bit more centered.
- wood crate received a shadow and was converted to the correct palette.
- silver crate now has a shadow, too.
- fixed some minor errors on Harisson's silo, moved it up by 1 pixel and added some shadow.
- Construction Yard got some shadow on the edges to better fit in line with the other buildings.
Attachments
OpenRA-gfx-patch.zip
gfx patch
(67.2 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
mobile gap generator with shadow preview
mobile gap generator with shadow preview
mgg 0012.png (1.11 KiB) Viewed 10550 times

Matt

Post by Matt »

Time to get started with http://git-scm.com/ and download a proper client to contribute those patches? :)

reaperrr

Post by reaperrr »

Cmd. Matt wrote: Time to get started with http://git-scm.com/ and download a proper client to contribute those patches? :)
I guess you're right. Will do that. ;)

Iran

Post by Iran »

I'm interested in any of the fixes that also apply to Red Alert. I actually posted a topic on the cnc-comm.com forums asking if someone could fix the Mobile Gap Generator a few days ago.

Could you post screenshots of all your fixes (that are also applicable to Red Alert 1) and how they're different from the stock Red Alert 1 files? Does the Yak remap bug also apply to Red Alert 1?

I'd like to include them with my Red Alert 1 patch. I noticed the Chrono Tank has a really small shadow too btw.

Iran

Post by Iran »

The Sam Site fire smoke has parts of the C&C95 Sam Site in it, Westwood crudely photoshopped the smoke for the RA95 Sam Site out of the C&C95 Same Site.

I think it's in the file called "samfire.shp".

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

nice fixes,
how about include my cameos fix ?

reaperrr

Post by reaperrr »

Iran wrote: Does the Yak remap bug also apply to Red Alert 1?
Yes. OpenRA still uses stock files for most things, including the Yak.
Iran wrote: Could you post screenshots of all your fixes (that are also applicable to Red Alert 1) and how they're different from the stock Red Alert 1 files?
I could, but I'm a little busy at the moment so it might take a few days.
Iran wrote: I'd like to include them with my Red Alert 1 patch.
Sure. They're not meant to be exclusive to OpenRA, it's mostly minor things that anyone with a bit of time and good enough drawing skills could easily copy anyway. If you use them I'd like to be credited in your patch though, it still took several hours to make these.
Iran wrote: I noticed the Chrono Tank has a really small shadow too btw.
I'll take a look, no promises though.
Iran wrote: The Sam Site fire smoke has parts of the C&C95 Sam Site in it, Westwood crudely photoshopped the smoke for the RA95 Sam Site out of the C&C95 Same Site.
Not even that, the shp was already like that in C&C, they just converted it to RA's palette.
It has a lot of frames, which means a lot of work. No promises here, either.

Iran

Post by Iran »

Alright, I've added the MGG with shadow and gave you credit in the patch feature list, I need to update the actual document dedicated to giving contributors credits (it's outdated since the last release) which I'll do in a few days.

I'm really interested in the other fixes, the SAMFIRE.SHP isn't that important as you barely notice it.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Harisson wrote: nice fixes,
how about include my cameos fix ?
How about you get yourself a git client, too. If you are getting into computer science, it is about time you learn how to use revision control tools.

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

yes, you're right,
I registred week ago, so i'm trying upload my mods...