SHP Builder 3.36 compatability?

can it work?

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
salvakiya

SHP Builder 3.36 compatability?

Post by salvakiya »

Hello everyone... I am trying to get SHP builder 3.36 to edit my shp files but OpenRA crashes when I try to load the modified SHP files. What am I doing wrong?

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

Yeah, SHP Builder isn't compatible with RA1/TD shp files. You can view/edited them, but not save in RA1/TD shp :( .

salvakiya

Post by salvakiya »

what should i use to edit shp files?

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Editing SHP files directly seems to be a bit of a no-no when it comes to TD/RA format SHP's.

You can either extract every animation as a separate image with XCC Mixer, or you can use the OpenRA Utility to convert a SHP into one long PNG image.

The latter is a much better option, particularly if you're planning to convert the SHP through different palettes. The downside is that it's command line-based.

Matt

Post by Matt »

salvakiya

Post by salvakiya »

sweet thanks! I will check out the tutorials. too bad SHP builder does not work though. It would have been much easier.

EDIT: One more question on this topic. I cant seem to get Gimp to import the Temperate.pal so could I edit the SHP in SHP Builder then export as a sprite sheet png then convert that back to a shp using the OpenRA.Utility?

Matt

Post by Matt »

As I wrote in https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Pixelart the easiest way is to convert an SHP to PNG and use the color table from that image. I also found a link with PaintShopPro palettes for RA at http://ra.nv17.com:8000/misc/pspra.zip Maybe GIMP can import them if you want to start from scratch.