Country Specific Attributes.

Giving countries specific attributes.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Czech Army 1

Post by Czech Army 1 »

About soldiers i really dont have origin ideas...
=make real tesla trooper model (dont mean failed parody shock trooper )
=grenade launcher soldier?
=mortar soldier ?
=heavy machineguner?
=for sniper allready have models i think.
btw: i think soviets too need they hero allieds has tanya so who for soviets ? volkov or boris ?

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

@Czech Army 1: I think Volkov is better choice, because he was in Counterstrike and Aftermath expansion packs.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Czech Army 1 wrote: btw: i think soviets too need they hero allieds has tanya so who for soviets ? volkov or boris ?
Volkov, no contest.

Matt

Post by Matt »

I added Volkov in https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/commit ... 7409f5998f General Camo did him and used an icon from some mod (which imho does not really fit). The weapons feature an overpowered grenade thrower with two types of ammunition (napalm and something against tanks). This should be redone somehow.
Attachments
Volkov Icon
Volkov Icon
volkovicon.jpeg (28.46 KiB) Viewed 9041 times

twarpie

Post by twarpie »

Also the voices are from RA2 (or something even later).

Volkov in RA95 had a 'normal' voice, but was powerful.

I agree the cameo doesn't really fit the RA95/CnC style.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Cmd. Matt wrote: The weapons feature an overpowered grenade thrower with two types of ammunition (napalm and something against tanks). This should be redone somehow.
Sounds alright to me; a Cyborg that can wreak havoc against vehicles and infantry. Just ramp the price up above Tanya's and keep him defenseless against air units/unable to use C4 on buildings.
twarpie wrote: I agree the cameo doesn't really fit the RA95/CnC style.
How about this?

Czech Army 1

Post by Czech Army 1 »

yes thats cool baron... i hope that will be in release. good work baron

Matt

Post by Matt »

BaronOfStuff wrote: Sounds alright to me; a Cyborg that can wreak havoc against vehicles and infantry. Just ramp the price up above Tanya's and keep him defenseless against air units/unable to use C4 on buildings.
This is what I did except the cyborg death animation which could be ripped from a German censored version of RA1.
BaronOfStuff wrote: How about this?

Cropping is better (without stretching) therefore I added it in https://github.com/Mailaender/OpenRA/co ... 9b9c531371

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Cmd. Matt wrote: This is what I did except the cyborg death animation which could be ripped from a German censored version of RA1.
Hmmm, good idea. This has got me thinking; is it worth making a few custom death sounds for Volkov? I can 'mechanise' the standard screams, or just go ahead and chew out some generic 'robot death' sound.

Matt

Post by Matt »

BaronOfStuff wrote: Hmmm, good idea. This has got me thinking; is it worth making a few custom death sounds for Volkov? I can 'mechanise' the standard screams, or just go ahead and chew out some generic 'robot death' sound.
In the German censored version they also cut the death screams, blood was oil and the tank driving over the soldiers sounded mechanical. Voices were not yet scrampled as in the censored Generals if I remember correctly. I never realized that this was censorship until I played the uncut Freeware version of RA1 because cyborgs somehow fit into the setting.

CombineC

Post by CombineC »

whats abour some custom tanks or buildings? like flak turrets or tank destroyer. stuff like that

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

CombineC wrote: whats abour some custom tanks or buildings? like flak turrets or tank destroyer. stuff like that
Probably best not to go mad with new units/structures, that's what user-created mods are for really. Once it's possible to create missions though it'd probably make some sense to add a few new things here and there.

Anyway, here's an audio candidate for Volkov's moment of malfunctioning and exploding:
http://www.speedyshare.com/8nGF2/vlkvdth.wav

daniel6699

Polish units.

Post by daniel6699 »

But where is Poland?? I think 10% better human units:)and conspiracy preist with Molotov cocktail:) is good.

ddd

Post by ddd »

Poland behaved in the same way as France during WWII, so I think this feature is kinda inevitable:
Alanim wrote: I planned to add that actually, I also plan to give france a trait which causes them to surrender if they're attacked.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

If we're going by WWII, Poland would have the bonus attribute of having all enemies attack them at once while their allies do very little to help.