Greetings New here

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
robn86

Greetings New here

Post by robn86 »

Hello. Old school red alert player here who recently discovered full ra. I'm very impressed And am looking forward to modding. Something like this would have been awsome back in the day when I was making mods. Never been much of a coder but this seems fairly simple to edit. I have a couple questions too. 1) does any know of a good simple pcx/shp editor? Something very simple like paint shop pro 4, which seemed to be the standard back in the day. 2) I'm either wanting to create a large scale mod or get involved with one currently being developed. Anyone need help or want to brainstorm? It will probably be a couple months though before I can devote a lot of time.

CombineC

Post by CombineC »

Hi and Welcome,

I use a good way to mak new shp files while using Gimp.
Its very good and easy to use.
You can copy the palete out of existing png files and save them into gimp. That way you can easy create new files. (buildings vehicles...)
I also use 3ds max student, its free to use for students and with XCC its easy to convert *.png into *.shp.
And *.shp into *.png by addiong numbers like: example 000.png, example 001.pg... and so on. XCC automaticly convert it.

robn86

Post by robn86 »

Ahh, I see. I'll give Gimp a try, looks promising. Seems PCX may be obsolete then, replaced by PNG. I'm a bit behind the times!