Map hosting and building standards

just my opininons

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
knivesron

Map hosting and building standards

Post by knivesron »

you all may know me from my huge mappack that is on this forum.

from massing all these maps and using them with the new map viewer iv found some problems that need to be adressed before they become out of hand. thats if they havent already

1, having 500+ maps lags the viewer.
2,we need to use the map catagory feature more. peaple have been releasing maps as conquest when they sholdent be. one example is the green fields maps which need to go in a cata "green fields". or maby green fields conquest or grene fields capture the flag, king of the hill you get the picture.
we also have a big problem with findnig maps that have ore respawners. i think a good idea may be to catagorise these as conquest economy or conquest force.

these are my ideas, but i think it will be important to adress this sooner rather then later. it keeps things tidy, fast and it will pave the way for future porjects.

please comment if you have any input to these ideas. i think the openra comunity sholuld all help and decide what the best action to take shall be

thanks for reading and as always keep it awsome

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

There's some experimental patches to remove the lag from the map browser; but yes, we need to get categories right, and possibly provide more powerful filtering.

knivesron

Post by knivesron »

theres another thing i was meant to mention before and that is that we need a seperate mapping section in the forums. so the modding part doesent et swamped with maps

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

knivesron wrote: theres another thing i was meant to mention before and that is that we need a seperate mapping section in the forums. so the modding part doesent et swamped with maps
+1