RA: Reloaded

Working Title

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Generalcamo

Post by Generalcamo »

BaronOfStuff wrote: (are these even possible without creating several clones of units with altered stats?)
In the original, it was, with a little ini modification. Here, I don't know. I have added a feature request to add this to openra.

Generalcamo

Post by Generalcamo »

I am considering adding a secondary way to get cash. This would allow the game to go on longer, but I need ideas. Here are a few options I was thinking:

Buildable Oil Derrick
Ore silo gives a certain amount of cash every second, probably ten.

Have any other ideas?

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

I haven't tried this method myself (I went for the 'buildable income generator'), but it should be possible to create a 'supply drop' power. It would be much like the random crate drops from the neutral planes, but with a player-controlled dropzone (and preferably with a much higher cash bonus in the crate). Failing that, you can always just have it drop a bunch of supply trucks!

I guess this would require a new building in a way though (C&C 'Comm. Centre' springs to mind).

AntiNeko

Post by AntiNeko »

Wow, I thought people had forgotten about vicious ol' Volkov! I'd very much like to see you release this mod. How are things progressing?

Generalcamo

Post by Generalcamo »

Meh, it's been a while.

Currently, I am trying to convert the mod to the latest playtest. This will take a while, but will be worth it.