Need modding team

to make original mod of OpenRA

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Holy_Master

Need modding team

Post by Holy_Master »

like topic said. i'm really high hope on this project since it seem like the best open source 2d rts engine ever release. currently i want to do some mod on this engine but i'm just too lazy to make everything by self :P . i just want to do only unit and building shp . i need some codder help me to make my shp work on the game and if possible someone can make new graphic for terrain [ if no body can do this maybe i'll try it by self] and mapping.

i haven't plan about what the mod look like since i don't want you to think that you working for my mod. we can talk together make sure we'll get the mod that we all really want to do.

please reply or pm me if anyone interesting and tell me what position you want to working. :D
Last edited by Holy_Master on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

nice, good luck with this...
I can only help you with 2D graphic (terrain, interface...)
Attachments
My latest work on buildings
My latest work on buildings
RAIsometric.png (61.18 KiB) Viewed 7575 times
SHPs.rar
Some units for cac/ra
(279.27 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
Last edited by Harisson on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rb10c

Post by rb10c »

Good job Harrison, nice isometrics. Can I ask, what is the bottom right building?
Can the engine use isometrics, though? If so, then we can have RA3D and RA vanilla. Tanks and infantry will be a bit harder though.

Holy, I look forward to your mod. It'd be nice to have a third mod to the engine.

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

thanks...
bottom right is tech airpad (unfinished) nad is for non-isometric RA.
Engine can't use isometrics, but you can fake this. RA3D ? Do you mean voxels (TS/RA2) ? OpenRa has interesting function -you can resize tiles :) . With this you can create TD/RA in HD quality :P .
Third mod on engine should be Dune 2k (from devolopers of OpenRa).

Holy_Master

Post by Holy_Master »

i was plan just only use double size of tile on the mod [that should be allow me to use bigger and more detail building ] but keep using Ra1 camera because i think it should have different feeling from TS and Ra2 mod. [and make me don't worry about slope thing]

and that's nice building Harisson. and i agreed aomeone should bring dune 2k to this engine. [but not me ]. :D i want to make completely original mod [but still use c&c game play machanic] i think people in community already bore with Remake c&c mod thing already.

raminator

Post by raminator »

i will help where i can

gamefreak11221

Post by gamefreak11221 »

I can help you making tanks and units shps :D

Holy_Master

Post by Holy_Master »

if anyone want to make shp then what the job i can do... :cry: [since it's only thing i can do - -" ]

Matt

Post by Matt »

Impressive, you could make OpenRA truely free just like http://wiki.openttd.org/OpenGFX. I suggest you upload those at http://content.open-ra.org/