Through the valley (8 player map) for Red Alert

Made on latest release map editor

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
xxBenji21

Through the valley (8 player map) for Red Alert

Post by xxBenji21 »

Through the valley

8 Player Map
Temperate
164x164 (Huge)

Battle through the valley to reach your opponent. Lots of greenery and plenty of resources. Can be used for either single play or team battles, well divided for 4v4 or 2v2v2v2.

[Screenshots here]

Hey all,

Be gentle, it's the first map I've made on the Open RA map editing software. I whipped this up today after watching a few online Open RA battles and getting inspired. I dabbled loosely in map making but never forget the basics I suppose.

Hopefully it's not too unbalanced. I play tested and the credits for refining seemed very generous but still limited enough to create an issue if the battle is left to go on too long. I placed a few oil derricks to ensure a constant flow for a good game and a few in strategic positions for another element.

Again, go easy. Let me know what you thought and if anyone plays a game online with it, I'd love to see the replay!
Attachments
throughthevalley.oramap
Through the valley - 8 Player Map
(30.45 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

Matt

Post by Matt »

You may want to share it at http://resource.openra.net/ as well.

Aner1181

Post by Aner1181 »

Looks good, thanks! Unfortunately, there is so few good maps designed for 4 teams playing... :roll:

raymundo

Post by raymundo »

To reinforce what Cmd. Matt has said, I am almost positive you can't even play the map online unless you put it on the resource center website.

www.resource.openra.net

I admire the time and design you put into the map, as someone who's been learning to make maps I can imagine the effort it took.

What I like about the map is you didn't just paste the same tiles or actors over and over again, this gives it aesthetic appeal. The way you made the valley looks nice as well.

Gameplay wise I personally have been liking more open maps. I wouldn't enjoy this map as much because it is quite chokey with only a couple of paths to get around the map. These often become about who can keep their nuke alive the longest.What is nice about the large sections of inaccessible land is that it prevents arty from just raining down on anyone's base. I could be wrong though and the only way to truly see is to have some matches, I would like to see a replay! It looks nice as 2v2v2v2, not sure if it is well suited for 4v4.

Peace.