MacOS install

Looking for clarification on the asset instructions mentioned below for Mac OS install

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
drewdavis

MacOS install

Post by drewdavis »

Looking for clarification on the asset instructions mentioned below for Mac OS install for remastered C&C. Am I understanding correctly that the Steam PC version will downloaded onto a Mac after following the file creation info below? I did it and it did not work (purchased the game on a steam account while on a pc then logged in steam on Mac steam per directions.) Should I install CC remastered from steam on a pc then copy the game to the Mac? Any additional info or help is appreciated.

macOS

Install the C&C Remastered Collection through Steam using the following procedure:

Make sure that Steam is installed.
Create a file ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/appmanifest_1213210.acf with contents
"AppState"
{
"appid" "1213210"
"Universe" "1"
"installdir" "CnCRemastered"
"StateFlags" "1026"
}

Restart steam and log into an account that owns the C&C Remastered Collection.
The game files will automatically download.

Punsho

Re: MacOS install

Post by Punsho »

After the file is named and placed in the correct path remaster should just install. Follow the guide on https://github.com/OpenRA/TiberianDawnHD

Ghandi

Post by Ghandi »

It is a different topic, but relate to Mac install. Since the new update, it affects my Mac use. I can't switch windows, it also won't let me automatically put my password in, I have to reset the keyboard options on log in screen.

Never had the issue until the latest update. Any clues?

Much appreciated

Punsho

Post by Punsho »

Are you sure this is openra related?

Ghandi

Post by Ghandi »

Yes.In short, the latest install is incredibly buggy on the Mac.