Dune 2000: Are there any bugs in episode 4 (Harkonnen mission), or am I missing something?

Issue with Dune 2000 - help requested please.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
mjz2325

Dune 2000: Are there any bugs in episode 4 (Harkonnen mission), or am I missing something?

Post by mjz2325 »

Hi All,

I've been starting to play OpenRA Dune 2000, and I've got the version from the 25th of February 2023. I downloaded it earlier this year, but only recently started playing the game properly. I used to play Dune II in the 90s, so I'm familiar with the gameplay from back then. I'm running the OpenRA Dune 2000 on an Intel-based MacBook Pro, under MacOS High Sierra.

I tried out skirmishes to begin with, then started doing missions, and I began with the Harkonnens. Everything was fine, so long as I remembered to select Easy, and Time Slowest. Otherwise, I'd get wiped out before I could be at a stage where my factories were built, to replenish forces. So far, so good, then I progressed to episode 4, in which I cleared the place of Atreides, satisfying one of the two goals, but never even found any Fremen. Is this a bug? I can't satisfy the goal, if there aren't any Fremen to destroy.

I've uncovered almost the whole map, except for one tiny section of sand on the lower left-hand side of the map, which none of my troops or units can get down to. Is that a bug too? I could well be missing something of course, and they aren't any bugs at all. Perhaps there's something I need to do, that I haven't, or need to know, that I don't. Can anyone help please?

Kind regards,

MJ.

Adrian

Re: Dune 2000: Are there any bugs in episode 4 (Harkonnen mission), or am I missing something?

Post by Adrian »

(I am not developer, just simple user and rare guest here)
As far as I know, there are 2 places of Fremen there. So called Sietch. It looks like big hole in mountin.
At the top of map, and at the (left) bottom.

Adrian

Re: Dune 2000: Are there any bugs in episode 4 (Harkonnen mission), or am I missing something?

Post by Adrian »

Your goal is something like this.
(the picture from original Dune)

mjz2325

Post by mjz2325 »

Ah, Adrian, that's brilliant! Many thanks! Never having played Dune 2000 before, I had no idea they'd added caves! Just me being unaware then - no bugs, which is a relief. I've saved the game, so I can go back and finish off the episode then. Thanks again!

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

mjz2325 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:06 pm
Never having played Dune 2000 before...
Then will be better to choose Atreides House. This is the main scenario of this game.
The Fremens are allies there. And this is more understable for first time. Everything is more understable.

Harkonnens are more difficult. I suppose, some levels are even imbalanced. Close to impossible...
Level 7, for example.