Problem with downloading music?

Where to get the soundtrack for Aftermath and Counterstrike?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Durabys

Problem with downloading music?

Post by Durabys »

I am on Manjaro Linux. I have First Decade. I managed to get everything working BUT this. I got an CD image for both and mounted but the openra Red Alert client refuses to see the installation as a source for the soundtrack. Please help.

Sleipnir

Re: Problem with downloading music?

Post by Sleipnir »

You can blame EA for this. They forgot to include the expansion music on the First Decade disc, and only added it later in one of the downloadable patches.

Durabys

Post by Durabys »

Sleipnir wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:09 pm
You can blame EA for this. They forgot to include the expansion music on the First Decade disc, and only added it later in one of the downloadable patches.
But where can I find it? On Linux I am unable to load it from the CD because OpenRA team has not yet resolved the problem of Linux giving the mounted partitions different names then what Windows does.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Read again.
You obviously can’t install what isn’t even on the disk!

Durabys

Post by Durabys »

SirCake wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:14 am
Read again.
You obviously can’t install what isn’t even on the disk!
I am talking about if you do not know some other place where I could get the soundtrack...some other place then First Decade? Would it be possible to use the patch for FD to extract the music files from?

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

If i recall correctly i installed openra fine on windows with The First Decade. I used seperate RA expansion disks for the other music, but wasn't required.

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

Sleipnir wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:09 pm
IIRC the files were already there but mispackaged within the mix and the EA fix was to extract them from said mix into the base folder. Unfortunately my TFD disc died a decade ago, but that's how I remember from the 1.02 patch.

That's why main.mix IIRC is more than a GB on TFD-RA as well.